Why was the Bulova brand forum discontinued?

Thread: Why was the Bulova brand forum discontinued?

Why was the Bulova brand forum discontinued?

Noticed in Google search that it was killed in 2005.
    Are there any good Bulova specific forums out there? Seems to me this would be a great addition to this site. I own more than a few. Love to chat with others.

Re: Why was the Bulova brand forum discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    Noticed in Google search that it was killed in 2005.
    Are there any good Bulova specific forums out there? Seems to me this would be a great addition to this site. I own more than a few. Love to chat with others.
    Having just aquired my first vintage watch, a 1970 Bulova, i also found other now-defunct (vintage) Bulova forum pages on the Web. I suppose it would be difficult to have an individual forum for every brand of watch available, especially when talking about vintage watches - those individual forums that do exist, as on this site, seem to be for modern higher end, or more expensive brands etc.

As vintage Bulovas get more collectible due to rising prices for other makes etc, perhaps the day will come when there is sufficient interest to justify a seperate forum but at the moment there probably aren't that many Bulova-specific collectors.

It will be interesting to see how many other Bulova collectors there are out there that respond to this query.

Mike

I collect Bulovas myself - at least the 1930s and 40s varieties. There just wasn't enough interest in the brand to justify a separate forum, unfortunately. My suggestion would be to post in the Affordable Watch forum with newer Bulova questions and here for the oldies. We can look after any Bulova inquiries up to 1980 or so right here.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    I collect Bulovas myself - at least the 1930s and 40s varieties. There just wasn't enough interest in the brand to justify a separate forum, unfortunately. My suggestion would be to post in the Affordable Watch forum with newer Bulova questions and here for the oldies. We can look after any Bulova inquiries up to 1980 or so right here.
    I was hesitant to post because I couldn't find a brand forum. I think many other coming to this site probably feel the same way. It's how the forum is marketed that will bring people in.

Affordable Watch is a pretty grey area for Bulova. How about Spaceview II?

My interest is mostly tuning fork Accutron.

The pre-2005 group seemed lively enough.
    A few minutes in Forum admin could set a new one up right away.

Still a nice forum overall. I happen to have plenty of other watch brands to bide my time with. Prefer this one to Timezone.

Well Accutrons (at least the real Accutrons) fit in here no problem. And although Invicta also makes some pricey models they are discussed in Affordable Watches (which was an Invicta forum originally).
    I don't make the rules here so you could try emailing Ernie to see if he wants to set the forum up again. I know it was disappointing last time.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information