Women's Watch Appraisal

Thread: Women's Watch Appraisal

Women's Watch Appraisal

I have inherited a women's Doxa watch with 14 Karat Gold and 30 diamonds. Is there a place to go (web site) that can help me decide if the jeweler's appraisal based on the gold weight and the diamond value, is reasonable? In other words, is the watch worth more than just its gold and diamonds?
    Vic

stuffler,mike

Re: Women's Watch Appraisal

Welcome to Watchuseek.
    Moved your post to the right place.

Hardly any watch with that much gold and diamonds would be worth more than the value of the bling - unless it's a Patek or Vacheron maybe. No website would be more reliable than a jeweler's estimate.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Hardly any watch with that much gold and diamonds would be worth more than the value of the bling - unless it's a Patek or Vacheron maybe. No website would be more reliable than a jeweler's estimate.
    Remember, you can rarely recover the current market price for gold by selling it to a jeweler. They need to tear it down, melt it, and probably re-refine it to get to the point where it is worth the current market price.

Diamonds I know nothing about but I know selling wholesale and buying retail is always a substantial difference, especially in the bling business.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information