would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Re: would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them

Mine mostly just sit

Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

really nice ben and probably earned the right to sit-have my eye on a hamilton g 10 type at the moment -

I would love to find period original wrist holders for these AEF Corps of Engineers watches from WWI. Any tips would be appreciated

Name:  CofE pair 013 small.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  336.9 KB
    Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a guess for G.S.T.P engravings, but not sure. What is it staying for? .......?

Quote Originally Posted by althaur View Post
    Here are mine. I'm waiting for some leather cuffs to arrive for the trench watches.

War watches by joshua.reis, on Flickr

photo by joshua.reis, on Flickr

photo by joshua.reis, on Flickr

Omega and JLC circa 1938 by joshua.reis, on Flickr

Congrats!
    Revue cal. 59 movement?

Hi!

Nice and interesting thread! The old Bund-strap on the first pic looks absolutely great with that Timor!
    Here are two of my military WWII-Rados - they are labeled as Bullock´s and Lancair and had been sold to GIs in PX-shops. The Bullock´s is on an original NOS canvasband for the U.S.Army from that time, made by Guss, Philadelphia. The Lancair and the Exacto(a sister brand of Rado up to 1957, probably made after WWII) are on leather straps from that time.
    I own another of those WWII-Rados, labeled as Hudson, with a silver dial. It needs a new mainspring and a new crystal - a Bund-strap like yours would be a good option.
    The Rados and the Exacto have 30 mm diameter except crown, what about your Timor(s)?

Name:  0 Bullock´s aa forum.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  313.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by mike184; September 3rd, 2012 at 18:21.
    shameless likes this.
    Best regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike184 View Post
    Hi!

Nice and interesting thread! The old Bund-strap on the first pic looks absolutely great with that Timor!
    Here are two of my military WWII-Rados - they are labeled as Bullock´s and Lancair and had been sold to GIs in PX-shops. The Bullock´s is on an original NOS canvasband for the U.S.Army from that time, made by Guss, Philadelphia. The Lancair and the Exacto(a sister brand of Rado up to 1957, probably made after WWII) are on leather straps from that time.
    I own another of those WWII-Rados, labeled as Hudson, with a silver dial. It needs a new mainspring and a new crystal - a Bund-strap like yours would be a good option.
    The Rados and the Exacto have 30 mm diameter except crown, what about your Timor(s)?

Name:  0 Bullock´s aa forum.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  313.7 KB
    hi mike and thankyou for your imput and interest -i find it hard to choose a favourite between that trio all quite lovely examples -to answer your question the timor is quite a good size and measures some 40mm inc crown - yes the nato and bund are special and although modern feel they compliment the watch beautifully -i had had the bund made by peter gunny in indonesia originally for another watch - when i saw it on the timor i went back and had peter make me the bund pad separately-check out his website -with your existing leather straps thats all you might need-you could choose a suitable leather and colour to suit your straps-all he would need is your leather choice -face size - lug width and wrist size- i would think there are some amazing war watches in Germany to be found or surface ! thinking about it a simple bund would be easy to fashion oneself from a suitable piece of ww2 leather taken from a belt or somesuch piece of kit- as i say the rectangular bund pad in the earlier post was just taken from an old army wrist band -purchased for 3.00 sterling off ebay -good luck my friend -lovely collection !

Quote Originally Posted by zyk1on View Post
    I have a guess for G.S.T.P engravings, but not sure. What is it staying for? .......?
    those period wrist holders do show up on ebay -not to be confused with modern copies - probable prices between £20-£40 -they are generally snapped up -so keep a lookout -military fairs of course would be a great chance -may even good luck have to take a beat up watch with one but worth it for the right piece !

sorry this reply was aimed to member TICK TALK -APOLOGIES
    Last edited by shameless; September 3rd, 2012 at 19:38.

Some nice pieces in this thread!
    While this watch wasn't specifically distributed to military personnel, it was made in 1942.
    Gallet Multichron 45, EP4 movement

shameless and Tick Talk like this.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

when into straps, want to share this Ancre from my Glycine collection, which I believe its from the era when the watch was created maybe from 50's. The inside folding clasp:

Name:  11 Cal 72.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  106.4 KB

Name:  2.png
Views: 582
Size:  153.1 KB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information