would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them - Page 3
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them

Mimo DH Wehrmacht 1940 with Zeiss Ikon 515-16 built 1938-1945.

Name:  mi34.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  204.6 KB
    Last edited by EDNX; September 5th, 2012 at 09:43.
    shameless, Tick Talk and jedanzoom like this.
    SMS Viribus Unitis

just back from my watch guy, elgin from 1942.

shameless likes this.

lovely interesting watch the gallet!
    Last edited by shameless; September 5th, 2012 at 15:48.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zyk1on View Post
    when into straps, want to share this Ancre from my Glycine collection, which I believe its from the era when the watch was created maybe from 50's. The inside folding clasp:

Attachment 811871

Attachment 811870
    real nice original -and i am into straps and i dont think i have seen a strap like that with the clasp -must find one for myself -really envy you that one -think that little verdigris patina just makes it more special!and i must agree with DRAGONDAN been some really nice examples shown -i do hope they continue

Thanks shameless,I was looking for vintage Glycine and ran into this, didnt miss. The strap was added value really.If i see one will let u know, is its not a Glycine;)

If you like this strap, you might want to see this post from Marrick, he posted something similar with a serial on the clasp here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/my-...cs-744753.html
    Last edited by Emre; September 5th, 2012 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by zyk1on View Post
    Thanks shameless,I was looking for vintage Glycine and ran into this, didnt miss. The strap was added value really.If i see one will let u know, is its not a Glycine;)

If you like this strap, you might want to see this post from Marrick, he posted something similar with a serial on the clasp here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/my-...cs-744753.html
    thanks for that buddy -i have taken liberty to forward your strap pic to david boettcher of vintage watch straps .com [here in the uk] he makes military watch straps and keeps faithfully to original design and dimensions -check him out -he made a nato for me -maybe he knows of it or maybe even make one you never know -should i hear from him i will pass on the info to you
    Emre likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    those period wrist holders do show up on ebay -not to be confused with modern copies - probable prices between £20-£40 -they are generally snapped up -so keep a lookout -military fairs of course would be a great chance -may even good luck have to take a beat up watch with one but worth it for the right piece !
    Thanks man
    Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

WWW Record; Domino flieger, and Marguerite from 1916 - which is on a much later Bonklip-type strap.

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    WWW Record; Domino flieger, and Marguerite from 1916 - which is on a much later Bonklip-type strap.

really nice marrick-i have never utilised a bonkclip but i believe they are very comfortable- quite thin on the ground for a perion one i think 1

Cheers. Bonklip straps are extremely comfortable and practical to wear - I have several. Quite a few on UK ebay at present BTW. The reason I have left this one on (its a derivative brand, not a real Bonklip) is that the interesting engraving on the back of the watch would be hidden by a 'bund' type military strap. Only a few WISs would know its not period correct.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information