would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them - Page 4
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: would love to see some of your ww1 and ww2 watches and how you dress them

German Wehrmacht watches and one black sheep.

Name:  bh1large.jpg
Views: 2020
Size:  300.8 KB
    jedanzoom likes this.
    SMS Viribus Unitis

Quote Originally Posted by EDNX View Post
    German Wehrmacht watches and one black sheep.

Name:  bh1large.jpg
Views: 2020
Size:  300.8 KB
    really nice!! thanks for sharing -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    WWW Record; Domino flieger, and Marguerite from 1916 - which is on a much later Bonklip-type strap.

Is that a slide rule on the domino bezel? I am dying for that :)Let me know if that watch bothers you Marrick

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zyk1on View Post
    I have a guess for G.S.T.P engravings, but not sure. What is it staying for? .......?
    hi buddy if you are asking the meaning of the initials are it signifies GENERAL SERVICE TRADE PATTERN and sometimes referred to as GENERAL SERVICE TEMPORY PATTERN - forgive me if that was not your question!

Banned

This piece is not vintage but a reproduction by the original manufacturer, Hamilton, of their WWII Officers Field Issue watch with a few mods. I believe the straps were also period reproductions from the original issue.

Hamilton WWII Memorial Homage Limited Edition Kahki Field Issue Watch (# 0727/3333 Pieces Produced W

Hamilton WWII Memorial Homage Limited Edition Kahki Field Issue Watch (# 0727/3333 Pieces Produced W

Thought I would post this information based post on this Hammie as it was a rare one and I still have the info on it.

This information post is based on a sale post I made for it a number of years ago so please disregard any sales related info.

For those who love WWII and military pieces this one was a beauty.

Hamilton produced this exact piece for use in WWII with some modern upgrades such as a ETA Automatic movement, Sapphire Crystal, and Quick set Date. This one is a Limited Edition and sold out very very quickly due to the great collectibility and value of WW II relics.

This actual reproduction of the Field issue watch by the original manufacturer to GI troops during the “War to end all Wars”, WWII. This piece was commissioned to honor the WWII Memorial in WashingtonDC. There were only 3333 pieces issued and this one is number 0727 of 3333. This Limited Edition is completely “sold out” and will not be reissued despite numerous requests from military collectors.

Click on the thumbnail images for full size images!

This specific piece has never been worn by me. I regret selling it but it just had to be. Too many watches and not enough $$$. You guys know the story.

Included with this piece were 2 straps…A heavy Hamilton brown leather strap with a bead blasted signed buckle and a replica WWII fabric strap for the authentic look of the original.

The dial has the “Limited Edition” notated on the dial!
    Do not confuse this piece with the Hamilton reissue for Pearl Harbor. The Pearl Harbor piece is nice but in no way compares! This piece has a Swiss Mechanical Manual Wind movement (just as the original watch) as well as upgraded (compared to the original) conveniences such as quick set date function and a hacking feature (able to stop the second hand by pulling out the crown which the original did not have).

Click on the thumbnail images for full size images!

This piece also has a numbered Certificate of Authenticity as well as a special wooden presentation box and Hamilton outer box. These upgrades are unique to this edition. The serial number for this piece is engraved on the side of the case.

These pieces are hard to find and I have never seen one on ebay or anywhere else for that matter!

Hamilton WWII Memorial Homage Limited Edition Kahki Field Issue Watch (# 0727/3333 Pieces Produced Worldwide - Edition Totally Sold Out)

Feel free to email or call with any additional comments, questions , or request for use of this info in some other manner. @ [email protected]

Here are some of the details and more pics of the watch below!

Manufacturer: Hamilton Watch Company

Hamilton WWII Memorial Homage Limited Edition Kahki Field Issue Watch
    (3333 Pieces Produced Worldwide - Edition Totally Sold Out)

Year of Manufacture approx: 2004

Size: Mens
    Diameter : 38mm
    Thickness: 6.5 mm
    Lug tip to Lug tip: 47 mm / Strap 18 mm
    Case shape : Round
    Case condition : Mint “10” Condition
    Case Metal : Bead Blasted 316L Stainless Steel

Serial Number: Engraved On Case Side (0727/3333)

Dial:
    Flat Black w/White 12/24 Hour Numeral Markers And Seconds Numerals (5, 10, 15, etc.) Tracking On The Outer Edge Of The Dial; "Special Edition" Designation Noted On The Dial
    Crown: Large Crown w/Hamilton Logo

Dial Color : Black
    Hands: Luminous Hour, Minute and Seconds Hands

Bezel :Bead blasted smooth finish
    Case back metal: Screw In Type w/Engraved Hamilton Crest

Movement Type : Swiss Made 17 Jewel Manual Wind w/Hacking Feature And Quick Change Date (At The 3 O'clock Position)

Crystal : Sapphire domed crystal (a nice upgrade from the original WWII watch)

Crown : Large Crown w/Hamilton Logo

Band : This watch comes with 2 straps; a Hamilton replica fabric strap and heavy Hamilton brown leather
    Band length:9” (not including buckle)
    Buckle: bead blasted finished signed buckle
    Band mm inside lug:20 mm

Last edited by Dragoon; September 8th, 2012 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by zyk1on View Post
    Is that a slide rule on the domino bezel? I am dying for that :)Let me know if that watch bothers you Marrick
    There's full thread on it here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/dom...ghlight=Domino I've had it serviced since.
    Emre likes this.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Good read Steve, thanks.

Here are à few ones

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MacRulez4Ever View Post
    Here are à few ones

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    love the omega -would look lovely with vintage leather

There are couple nice watches in this thread.Here is my contribution:

First trench watch Cyma:

Then aviators "Helvetia" and "Zenith Special":

And at last one aviator "Marvin" and German Navy "KM Siegerin":

Have couple more of those in my collection,but dont want to bother you anymore.Rgds!
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information