Wyler Vetta (Vintage) watch i know nothing about

Thread: Wyler Vetta (Vintage) watch i know nothing about

Wyler Vetta (Vintage) watch i know nothing about

Name:  DSC_0392.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  371.7 KB
    So being new to the watch comunity i have little to no idea what i am looking at.I know it is an Italian / Swiss name and i know it is old.
    It has some major issues if they are major, i do not know if repairable or not, Years ago unfortunately it fell and the crystal broke so inevitably the seconds "hand" is a little bent, even more unfortunately back then i was very young ( 17 maybe ) and had no interests in watches whatsoever but after a bit of reasearch i've seen that some Wyler Vetta watches are quite pricy.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on this one, i will not open it by myself due to inexperience and i want to avoid damaging it further.
    Also, is it worth / possible / pricy to repair it by adding a new crystal?
    The watch does run "sometimes", when i charge it being an automatic, but the "running" does not last for much longer than a couple hours until i charge it again by moving the little screw on the side.
    Any background / information on the model is highly appreciated.

Re: Wyler Vetta (Vintage) watch i know nothing about

It looks like a nice watch and the damage is minor. Crystals are inexpensive, but the watch needs to receive a full service from a watchmaker. If all goes well, the service and crystal will hopefully stay under $200.

Wyler is a mid-tier brand, but this watch has a particularly interesting and decorative dial and case. Obviously, the dial is badly discolored, but this is a sign of age, and just something to accept. Since the watch has sat unused for a long time, the case has remained in very good condition. It has not been polished and so it retains its original sharp edges, which is desirable, so you should not have the case polished. It is hard to tell without more photos, but if the case is stainless steel, it is more desirable than a chrome-plated case. Is anything written on the back?
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Hi, thanks for replying. No there is nothing written on the back but i have noticed there is something written under Wyler Vetta and that is Incaflex, i will bring it to someone that can do a full service asap if it really is as nice as you say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Incaflex is the name of the shock protection system used in the movement. The main issue with the watch is the heavily discolored dial. Perhaps there has been a lot of tobacco smoke in the house over the years. However, if you are not bothered by the condition of the dial, then you should certainly have it serviced and enjoy wearing it. The most important thing is that it has sentimental value to you.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thread Information