The year was 1976.

Thread: The year was 1976.

The year was 1976.

I like finding old catalog's and when I came across an Eaton's one (Once large department store chain in Canada) found while visiting my dad. I really like Solar and this caught my eye. If any one has any other tidbits from days gone bye please post.Name:  DSC03221.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  130.4 KBName:  DSC03220.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  163.3 KB
    The Timex was pure querosity.

Banned

Re: The year was 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by watch origins View Post
    The Timex was pure querosity.

...the denim suit wearing Steve Austin from the Timex add is too cool
    Last edited by trim; February 1st, 2011 at 09:56.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I actually own the number 1 timex. its a dynabeat and its mint and it keeps very good time for a fairly crude pre-quartz electric movement. I'll have to post a pict. mine is gold with blue accented dial. Funny that its the most expensive timex there-more than the nice looking diver. Also ironic is I paid only a few bucks more than the msrp $36 when new and I thought it was a good deal.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Electric movement, nice.... I'm looking forward to that photo DB.

I have my first electric movement (balance wheel) on the way at the moment, to join my 3 Accutrons - very exciting (mine is an ESA 9154).

ah yes. nice movement. What brand watch? I have one in a swiss made Waltham branded 'electrodyne'. I went through a brief phase where all I collected was pre-quartz elec.. (started with the smf300hz) I just serviced my formerly nos Elgin Swissonic which I beleive has an elgin patented mvmnt. They are quirky watches that have the capacity to keep extremely accurate time. They do eat batteries though but pulling the crown usually isolates (and hacks as well) the battery though it doesnt stop it leaking long term. If you havnt already, check out :Transistorised Movements with Balance: ESA Dynotron

Its a comprehensive and fascinating electric watch site and Paul will answer any questions you might have. He does service them as well.
    Here is whats left of my pre-quartz collection minus one Acc 214 m8 and the timex dynabeat. dont hv pics.

:ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thread Information