Yema junior & Prim 66 movement info needed!

Thread: Yema junior & Prim 66 movement info needed!

Yema junior & Prim 66 movement info needed!

Hi all,

Recently I bought this mid size diver watch. I am having troubles with detecting a movement. There is a marking PS 31 and there is this manufacturer logo, that I do not recognise. I have been looking through my list of logos and I can't find this one. I hope some of you can help me.:thanks Also any info on the brand "Yema" would be much appreciated. And also any technical info about Czechoslovakian movement Prim 66 would be very welcome. :thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kind regards

Re: Yema junior & Prim 66 movement info needed!

Quote Originally Posted by vultures78 View Post
    Hi all,

Recently I bought this mid size diver watch. I am having troubles with detecting a movement. There is a marking PS 31 and there is this manufacturer logo, that I do not recognise. I have been looking through my list of logos and I can't find this one. I hope some of you can help me.:thanks Also any info on the brand "Yema" would be much appreciated. And also any technical info about Czechoslovakian movement Prim 66 would be very welcome. :thanks
    Someone who sees a lot more A.Schild movements that I do can correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like your Yema may have a A.Schild movement. Yema is French, and has sometimes made extremely interesting watches. One of their more remarkable ones was one made a few years back for a French polar expedition. They were always known as a maker of out doors watches and sports watches including divers watches. I think they were owned for a time by either Citizen or Seiko, but four or five years ago there was a management buy out and the company is back in French hands. They have a large web site.

You are very lucky to have a Prim 66. Prim also goes by the name of "Elton", and the watch is entirely Czech made. From the looks of it, it was made during the communist era. Prim is still very much in business and still makes both hand wound and (I believe) automatic watches. Quality is supposed to be quite good, but prices are astronomical, at least when I tried to buy one of their watches from them. Maybe it is different if you are in the Czech Republic. They have a very extensive web site in English that is well worth the visit. They may be the least known mechanical watch manufacturer in the world.

I believe there is also another watch factory in the Czech republic which specializes in mechanical stop watches, but does not sell under their own brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by vultures78 View Post
    Hi all,

Hi vultures

You'll find infos on Yema here :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yema

Official website :
    http://www.yema.fr/

To add at what Somewhere else said, YEMA belongs now to AMBRE group(owner of Catena, Yonger & Bresson, Paco Rabanne watches)

Old Yemas had "France Ebauche" inside, but I don't recognise the movement (nor the logo) of your Junior

My two YEMAs :

1970s' Meangraf

2008 SousMarine

My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think that's Jeambrun. Model looks like a PS31:
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...&Jeambrun_PS31
    Attached Images Attached Images

My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

JEAMBRUN logo:

Dan-Catalin BUZDUGAN
    WATCHES FOR ROMANIA

Banned

Prim caliber 66: Manufactured between 1965 to 1993. Incabloc or KIF shock protection.
    !7 jewels. 18000 oscillations per hour.
    Translated from the Prim site.

Your watch is obviously made in the 1960ies.
    Today, Prim mainly use ETA movements.
    The watches are largely hand finished, and expensive.
    The factory can restore/recase any old Prim watch, or just restore the movement. Upon customers wish, they can install a restored Vintage (real) Prim movement in a new, modern watch.
    They can also do an one-off design, in any metal, including Damasc stel, according to the customers wish.

The money making part of the business is producing watch parts for German and Swiss manufacturers.
    Who - ?
    Maybe my Jaegers have Prim made parts???
    Last edited by Janne; January 30th, 2010 at 05:08.

Thank you all. Now there are 2 mysteries less:thanks
    Kind regards

Banned

The Prim looks crap, but can be made to look really nice with a bit of dial clean, and more importantly, polish of the crystal.
    Nice shape of case.
    Movement looks really good!
    That watch has been used a lot, and has kept it's WR well.
    Testifyes to the quality of this Brand.

Thread Information