Yet another movement ID request !

Thread: Yet another movement ID request !

Yet another movement ID request !

Some time before Xmas I bought a little watch from a junk stall at a fleamarket for a couple of Euros. Although it was working, being busy at the time I just wrapped it up and put it in a box until today.

Opening it up I found this:

With no discernable maker's mark, and an unwritten face too, it offers up no clues as where to look. I know there may be something to show if I remove the face, but I'm personally totally unqualified to do so

My initial thought was Lorsa, but I can find nothing quite like it, then I looked at what early Parennins I could find, and again there were some similarities, but too many differences to be certain of either.

The inside of the case didn't help me either:

Measuring up at a mighty 24mm x 36mm the face is filthy, which isn't improved by a yellowed plastic like acrylic. i wondered if it was celluloid, but no way is the watch that old.

It came with a highly corroded imitation BonKlip type bracelet, which is best ditched I think.

I wonder, is there a safe(ish) way of gently easing some of the crud off the face? As my TV is soon to be commandeered so someone else can watch wombles playing bink bonk or whatever it's called, I need to find something to ease the pain of hearing the squealing of lady bink bonk players for two weeks, so I reckon a lot of slow and patient dial cleaning would be a good antidote.

(My apologies to those who will be going to Murray molehiil, (aka Henman's hummock), but I haven't enjoyed bink bonk since the days of Nastase.)

Any help, advice or just some ideas would be most appreciated
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Re: Yet another movement ID request !

Hi John,

looks like a variation of a FHF 30 like this.....

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: FHF 1-10.5'''

im sure if you search through the 10.5''' fhf's you may find a match!

(just looked.... cant see one)
    Last edited by Sparcster; June 14th, 2012 at 23:15.
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Hi John,

looks like a variation of a FHF 30 like this.....

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: FHF 1-10.5'''

im sure if you search through the 10.5''' fhf's you may find a match!

(just looked.... cant see one)
    Thanks Mark

I admit I expected to find some clunky old pin pallet when I opened it up, so it was a pleasant surprise to see a nice clean little movement like that, ( no crud! )

perhaps it's one of these?

"differences not known between 1 10.5''', 2 10.5''', 30, 31, 50, 65 old, 66 old, 70 old, 71 old, 73 old, 76 old, 78, 90, 91, 107, 108, 110, 112"

playing around with this old thing is the best value fun I've ever had for 3€, which, if I remember correctly, is what it cost.

(mind you, I think I might have come across a 17 jewel version of the Cupillard 233 this evening, which would be a first for me.)

Thanks again Mark
    John

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by john87300 View Post
    Thanks Mark

I admit I expected to find some clunky old pin pallet when I opened it up, so it was a pleasant surprise to see a nice clean little movement like that, ( no crud! )

perhaps it's one of these?

"differences not known between 1 10.5''', 2 10.5''', 30, 31, 50, 65 old, 66 old, 70 old, 71 old, 73 old, 76 old, 78, 90, 91, 107, 108, 110, 112"

playing around with this old thing is the best value fun I've ever had for 3€, which, if I remember correctly, is what it cost.

(mind you, I think I might have come across a 17 jewel version of the Cupillard 233 this evening, which would be a first for me.)

Thanks again Mark

If it is from that series it would put it alongside this one of mine, if you remember

John

If the crystal is pre-WWII it is either glass or celluloid. This watch is pre-WWII I suspect.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information