In a different thread (I would link to it if I knew how :) another member -rdenney I believe - made what I thought was a very interesting distinction between collectors and users.
If you are willing to share, I would be interested to know:
1. Do you consider yourself a collector or a user?
2. Do you wear your watches or are there some you never wear?
3. Do you set a limit on how many watches you will owner any given time?
4. Do you maintain all of your watches regularly?
5. Is it important for you to have all original parts?
Bonus points: what do you think of the collector/user dichotomy, and if you like it what other characteristics do you think generally distinguish the two?
My answers, fwiw:
1. I guess on a scale of 1 (collector) to 10 (user) I'm about an 8 or so
2. I do wear all of my watches, some more frequently than others of course
3. I have set a hard limit but haven't reached it yet :). Once I do though the plan is if one comes in, one has to go out
4. The biggest reason for #3 is to control expenses related to ongoing maintenance, which I do because of #2 above.
5. I strongly prefer all-original parts but not sure I have a good reason for that. It is fun for some reason to try to maintain a watch in as close to original condition as possible
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk