Your opinion on this Omega please

Thread: Your opinion on this Omega please

DWF

Your opinion on this Omega please

I'm new to the vintage world and am considering purchasing this watch. I would appreciate any opinons as to value, condition, authenticity, etc. Thank you.

Omega Seamaster DeVille Mens Watch Seamonster Logo Automatic Date | eBay

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Your opinion on this Omega please

A nice looking watch. The dial is squeaky clean - looks almost too clean to be true. Possible, certainly - but likely?! In any case, the hands have been relumed (the lume has not aged anywhere as much as the dots on the dial) so I could not guarantee that the rest has not been touched up a little. The movement is nice and there are no obvious signs of it having been jumbled together from a whole load of trashed watches. For a final verdict, I'll wait for the Omega experts to come along!

Hartmut Richter

DWF

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    A nice looking watch. The dial is squeaky clean - looks almost too clean to be true. Possible, certainly - but likely?! In any case, the hands have been relumed (the lume has not aged anywhere as much as the dots on the dial) so I could not guarantee that the rest has not been touched up a little. The movement is nice and there are no obvious signs of it having been jumbled together from a whole load of trashed watches. For a final verdict, I'll wait for the Omega experts to come along!

Hartmut Richter
    I think the seller mentions the dial is original but the hands are new. How much difference does it make if hands have been replaced? Also, has anyone dealt with this seller?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Ah well, that helps to explain that. If the dial had been refinished, it should look even better (very slight staining here and there) so it may well be original then. I have no experience with that seller but others may chime in here.

Hartmut Richter

Hi there,

I'd trust the seller. He mentions for many watches that the dial is restored, and in all cases it is fairly done, but misalignment is visible. The dial of this watch is stated as original, and there are no imperfections visible which make me doubt. And it is no real surprise: By average the condition of models with this monoshell case is much better then others, and it is not unusual that they have a mint dial and a clean movement.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

DWF

Darn--I waited to late. It's sold. I guess I shouldn't have pointed you guys to that watch! :)
    Last edited by DWF; December 6th, 2012 at 17:35.

Thread Information