Your thoughts on this vintage Omega Seamaster

Thread: Your thoughts on this vintage Omega Seamaster

Your thoughts on this vintage Omega Seamaster

I found this one floting on the bay.
    It's from the Phillipines. That's bad, right?
    Your opinion?

Re: Your thoughts on this vintage Omega Seamaster

its not that its bad. (though I'm npt sure why a gold sm should have a ss crown) It may even be the original dial. some philipine sellers are very honest but they do have a reputation for putting together vintage watches from available parts. probably their way of being resourceful. but if you don't have a lot of experience buying vintage and you absolutely want authenticity you may want to stick to NA/EU/HK for ebay.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Quote Originally Posted by DaBaeker View Post
    its not that its bad. (though I'm npt sure why a gold sm should have a ss crown) It may even be the original dial. some philipine sellers are very honest but they do have a reputation for putting together vintage watches from available parts. probably their way of being resourceful. but if you don't have a lot of experience buying vintage and you absolutely want authenticity you may want to stick to NA/EU/HK for ebay.
    How about watch from US? what country is NA? south africa?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myck View Post
    NA is North America. I've found that South American collectors and sellers have a more cavalier attitude towards vintage watches. Many dials & movements are taken out of ss cases and installed into locally made gold cases. They even have some very good redials. Perfectly acceptable to them, considered a franken in NA & Europe to most. The Philippines and some other Pacific rim countries are even worse with fakes & frankens, and the Ukraine is to be avoided like the plague. I've learned my lesson - don't buy from any of those areas. There are probably some good sellers with original watches, but my experience says not many. Even watches that do check out as original have dubious things done to "fix" them - like second hands that are superglued onto the pinion, lugs bent a little to accomodate a strap a little smaller than required, etc. Da has it down - stick to NA, EU, and HK (I'd add Japan too).

Quote Originally Posted by Myck View Post
    ZA is South Africa
    "My grail showed up today"

Thread Information