Zenith A386 price trend chart and case project
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Zenith A386 price trend chart and case project

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zenith A386 price trend chart and case project

Hello everyone-

I want to share a project I have been working on around the Zenith A386 (mods: I hope this is OK to post, if not of course feel free to delete!) around price trends and case numbers, as well as model details.

I am not an A386 expert, just someone who is really interes....er, obsessed with this watch.
    I would love whatever feedback you have - case numbers, specs, details of the components, etc...please reach out to me anytime via PM.

My case number project includes information for every Zenith A386 I have seen on the web (no lie..don't ask how long it took!), and is categorized by case number plus traits of the watch, including dial type, caseback, main hands, bracelet, bracelet date, etc., with the ability to search, sort and filter the information.

I have also developed a Zenith A386 price trends chart. The data is mostly asking prices, of course, as private sale prices are unknown. You can filter the chart to select auctions only, however, which will show known sale prices from eBay and auction houses.

Lots of other information included comes from the community here (big thanks to @Lous of course, @sempervivens, and everyone else), GTGs, and so on – I really appreciate everyone's help in assembling.
    If you are willing to include A386 information you have (for your watch or otherwise) to help me as I keep building my project, please feel free to reach out.

Still to come are more A386 case numbers from other sources, analysis around the case number data and watch specs, and a couple more detail sections (hands, movement, adding one more caseback type)...but even in advance of those, hopefully the page will help people learn more about the Zenith A386 and buy smart!

Oh, and who knew that 4,500 Zenith A386s were produced? Not me! Thanks to Rossler (2014).

My post count isn't high enough so I can't post the link
    , but the website is called alphahands. Then just click on "Zenith A386" in the menu.

Enjoy the research. I hope it is useful, and please let me know any suggestions or corrections you have!

Regards,

Norm

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Zenith A386 price trend chart and case project

Welcome to Watchuseek! I see that you have been in touch with sempervivens already - he's the man I would have advised you to contact with regard to both the Ref. A386 (I'm obsessed too, but I can't really afford one) as well as Zenith case serial numbers. But you pipped me to it.....

Good luck with the project!

Hartmut Richter
    busmatt likes this.

Thanks much, Harmut. I hope that it may help people make good buying decisions.

The price trend chart is a bit scary. Hopefully the climb slows down or reverses course!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I blame Hodinkee.....!!

Hartmut Richter

I blame them for lots of things

Plagues, wars, global warming, civil unrest, etc....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    busmatt and georges zaslavsky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by subregister View Post
    I blame them for lots of things
    Oh me too and especially Jack Forster and his team which are a bunch of crooks selling poor condition to crap condition items including Franken watches, we even confronted their former expert Luis Westphalen who affirmed that the watches they sell weren't serviced. Check spare parts on ebay or chrono 24 for a nice A386. Now a nice a386's price is way above 15000$
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Good luck with the project. I remember the update of the production number of the A386 (and a few other models) in one of the latest books on Zenith (I didn't remember though whether it was in the new Roessler book or the other one).
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Quote Originally Posted by sempervivens View Post
    Good luck with the project. I remember the update of the production number of the A386 (and a few other models) in one of the latest books on Zenith (I didn't remember though whether it was in the new Roessler book or the other one).
    I have checked the other Zenith book written in French byJoel Duval which is called"Zenith,la saga d'une manufacture horlogère étoilée" which states 4500 examples as said above. Hope this helps.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Found it by searching for alphahands + A386 but I can also post a link here: https://alphahands.com/vintage-watch...86-el-primero/

It is beautiful and well done, excellent and concise. I shall look forward to future visits.

One quick remark :

The case of the A386 measures 38mm min diameter, and is 13mm thick
    As far as I remember it is not that thick, I thought 11 mm including the original crystal? That is for Mark I and II, which I think are 1 mm thinner than Mk III.

PS you should post a link on the Zenith forum as well ;)
    Last edited by sempervivens; March 31st, 2018 at 20:57.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information