Zodiac, but what is it?

Thread: Zodiac, but what is it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zodiac, but what is it?

Hello, I don´t know any other way how to find out what I try. I´ve got ladies Zodiac watches from my grandpa, but I don´t know anything about it. It should be from 50´s or 60´s, but I would like to know what it is type/name...anything. Could you please help me? I will appratiate any help. Please see attached file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Zodiac, but what is it?

Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid that unless you find an old catalogue, there is little chnce of finding out the model or reference of that watch. Until then, it is just a ladies' Zodiac watch from (I would guess) the fifties or sixties. It may well have the slimmest single level movement made inside, the "baguette" calibre FHF Cal. 59 (or 59-21 if it has the higher beat rate):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: FHF 59

...but there are a few other candidates.

Hartmut Richter

Hello, any other help? I still don´t know anything else about it. Thanks in advance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Jump onto Vintage Zodiacs and ask. At the very least you will give them a horn! Post what you find back here also.
    Do you have any better photos? Of the face, back, movement etc.? Lovely looking watch!

I bought a mint 1960 Zodiac Glorious about 4 months ago and I have been wearing it everyday since. Absolutely love it. My 1958 Omega Seamaster hasn't been worn since!
    Last edited by Smoking Joe; October 23rd, 2012 at 23:20.

You could try Vintage Zodiacs - maybe someone there will have some reference material which would help.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Joe View Post
    Jump onto Vintage Zodiacs and ask. At the very least you will give them a horn! Post what you find back here also.
    Do you have any better photos? Of the face, back, movement etc.? Lovely looking watch!

I bought a mint 1960 Zodiac Glorious about 4 months ago and I have been wearing it everyday since. Absolutely love it. My 1958 Omega Seamaster hasn't been worn since!
    Here is photographs. I had asked about it at Vintage Zodiacs and they told me:

I did find the watch in the 1957 Zodiac catalog with a photo and description. Also this is in the 75 Anniversary catalog. This watch is shown on the Chronometre page and describes in detail what that word means and how to achieve this rating.
    Part of the description: It is listed under the Chronometre FANTASY section. Exquisite bangle watch. Model 3101 Gold Filled case. They had a model 3151 14k gold case. Pretty cool page it is on in the 75th Anniversary 1957 Catalog. In the back of this catalog it also shows the List price and Dealer price for this watch.

But is it possible to see any catalog without subscribtion and payment? Where did you buy your watch? And e-shop? E-bay? If I want to sell it best way, what should I do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately there is no good way to sell a ladies watch. They go for scrap value, generally speaking. Try to ask in the Zodiac forum, maybe a collector there is even interested. Otherwise go for ebay, start with 1 <currency unit> and hope for the best. Don't be disappointed if that turns out a low 2-digit figure amount.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Quote Originally Posted by o.v.e View Post
    Try to ask in the Zodiac forum, maybe a collector there is even interested.
    Please don't try to ask in the Zodiac forum - this would amount to a "Want to sell" post which is not permitted in a general forum, would only get deleted on the spot and get the poster into trouble. We have the "Sales Corner" for such posts.....

Hartmut Richter

I meant the member sales area at Vintage Zodiacs

Quote Originally Posted by talmat View Post
    Here is photographs. I had asked about it at Vintage Zodiacs and they told me:

I did find the watch in the 1957 Zodiac catalog with a photo and description. Also this is in the 75 Anniversary catalog. This watch is shown on the Chronometre page and describes in detail what that word means and how to achieve this rating.
    Part of the description: It is listed under the Chronometre FANTASY section. Exquisite bangle watch. Model 3101 Gold Filled case. They had a model 3151 14k gold case. Pretty cool page it is on in the 75th Anniversary 1957 Catalog. In the back of this catalog it also shows the List price and Dealer price for this watch.

But is it possible to see any catalog without subscribtion and payment? Where did you buy your watch? And e-shop? E-bay? If I want to sell it best way, what should I do?
    That is a beautiful watch. Very neat and pretty. I bought my watch from an American Ebay vinatge watch shop. If you do go to sell it on ebay pick a price in your head that would be the minimum that you would be happy with. Either put a reserve at that price or start the bidding at that price. Have patience as you may need to relist it two or three times before it sells. And if it doesn't sell then why not keep it or give it as a present? A very unusual and unique antique present.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information