Zodiac Seawolf

Thread: Zodiac Seawolf

Zodiac Seawolf

Greetings I posted this in the Dive Watch forum and they suggested I also post it here,

Been lurking for awhile and as a result I picked up a Zodiac Seawolf off of eBay.

I was wondering if anyone would know something about its history? Such as the blue dot on the dial or is the serial number can date it (506.55.47).

Also I just noticed that a link on the bracelet is missing a pin (one link from the lugs) it appears to be a half pin. Should I attempt to repair or or take it in?

Thanks

Bill

Attached are some pics for your enjoyment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX781
    Seiko SNK809K2

Re: Zodiac Seawolf

Thanks for posting. I know next to nothing about dive watches so I'll let the others chime in.
    My guess from the styling is the watch comes from the 1960s. I'm not aware of any serial number lists for Zodiac but that doesn't mean too much in this case.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by woettinger View Post
    Also I just noticed that a link on the bracelet is missing a pin (one link from the lugs) it appears to be a half pin. Should I attempt to repair or or take it in?
    Nice watch! If you are going to wear the watch you should always get a recently purchased mechanical serviced unless you are sure of its service history. You could replace the pin yourself but it's so cheap to let them do it when they are cleaning, lubing and regulating the watch.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Nice watch! If you are going to wear the watch you should always get a recently purchased mechanical serviced unless you are sure of its service history. You could replace the pin yourself but it's so cheap to let them do it when they are cleaning, lubing and regulating the watch.
    Yup your right, I didn't think of that. Thanks I will take it in tomorrow.

Bill
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX781
    Seiko SNK809K2

Hi -

Definitely later than the 1960s. There were relatively few divers around in the 1960s, and these were largely tool watches. While rated to 200m, the bezel and case design on this one points less to tool and more to a normal watch with diver design elements. Zodiac did build dive watches earlier, the Zodiac Sea Wolf (see here), but this watch bears little resemblance to it. The later diver watches had significantly different dials and hands, and there was a distinct design philosophy. The dial on this one looks much more generic and is most likely from the 1990s (maintenance check is still a good idea, regardless!).

The blue dot makes me think, though: the only reason I can imagine that it is there is to look like the Sinn humidity indicator on their tool watches, but that would bring the the date of design well into the more current period, and that's way off (that would put it within the last, what, 10 years or so? Hmmmmmm...).

A brief modern history can be found here, and the older history here. Interesting brand history, owned by Fossil now, and unfortunately at this point just largely a brand name...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

The "blue dot" on this Zodiac is sort of a model indicator, i.e., there are "red dot", "gold dot", etc., versions of these watches.

I'd guess that the posters watch is probably from the 90s.

Thread Information