Zodiac Seawolf 21 jewels seven adjustments

Thread: Zodiac Seawolf 21 jewels seven adjustments

Zodiac Seawolf 21 jewels seven adjustments

Was there a Seawolf powered by Zodiac 70-72 21 jewels and seven adjustments without chronometer markings on the dial???

Thank you
    Last edited by Lucian Marcu; September 9th, 2008 at 09:17. Reason: mistakes

Re: Zodiac Seawolf 21 jewels seven adjustments

In theory it could happen if the maker did not submit the movement to COSC for certification. Only COSC certified watches are supposed to carry the "chronometer" label.... COSC has trademarked it.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thank you
    This means that they had a Seawolf with Zodiac 70-72 marked with seven adjustments on the movement?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A 21 jewel Zodiac 70-72 movement with seven adjustments marked on the rotor does exist. However, just because a movement is marked "seven adjustments" does necessarily not mean that it was chronometer certified.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    A 21 jewel Zodiac 70-72 movement with seven adjustments marked on the rotor does exist. However, just because a movement is marked "seven adjustments" does necessarily not mean that it was chronometer certified.
    It may have not met chronometer standards after adjustment... there is no guarantee an adjuster can get the watch within standards. About 5% of all Rolexes flunk the test the first time they are submitted. They are supposed to be reworked and resubmitted... but I bet if a movement flunks twice it is tossed... well, probably crunched.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

The COSC for this movement is clear,i mean it can be pretty hard to figure that if doesnt have a chronometer marked dial
    Also its very clear that we have a 70-72 with seven adjustments.
    Now, one last question :Seawolf with seven adjustments and 21 jewels movement???
    Did Zodiac used both the 17 jewels and 21 jewels movements with their Sea Wolf?

Thank you
    Kind regards
    Lucian
    Last edited by Lucian Marcu; September 10th, 2008 at 20:38. Reason: error

Thread Information