Zodiac Seawolf bracelet suggestions.

Thread: Zodiac Seawolf bracelet suggestions.

Zodiac Seawolf bracelet suggestions.

Guys, my pop just gave me his old Vietnam era Seawolf. I think old vintage divers are cool as all get out. He just thinks its old! LOL. Anyway the bracelet on it is a complete POS and pop cant find the OEM unit. Have to get mom looking! Either way I plan to wear it after a good service but even if the original bracelet is found I'm thinking of a different one and saving the OEM. Anybody know of a solid bracelet that will fit (physically and stylistically)? I think it's 18mm in the lugs. Appreciate any suggestions

paul
    Paul
    Seiko 200M Professional 7C43
    MM300
    Zodiac Seawolf - Vietnam era

Re: Zodiac Seawolf bracelet suggestions.

Yes, they're 18mm. Mesh looks good on the old SeaWolfs, as does an aftermarket Oyster-style bracelet with hollow end pieces. I used both on my 1970 SeaWolf...a watch I dearly wish I had back. I have also seen vintage SeaWolfs with grains-of-rice style bracelets, and they looked killer too.
    A rubber tropic-style dive strap would also look very cool, if you're into rubber straps.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

And whatever you do, please post us a picture or two.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Happy to post. give me a day or two! I have heard of all those bracelet types but never have encountered them for sale. Any suggestions on where I can purchase these in 18mm?

thanks everyone.

pics coming.
    Paul
    Seiko 200M Professional 7C43
    MM300
    Zodiac Seawolf - Vietnam era

Portland OR should have lots of places to find these straps. I tend to stay with watchmakers and better watch stores for mine, although better department stores should have them too. Grains of rice bracelets can be hard to find. There is a guy on ebay called vacheron_nl who sells straps and bracelets. I've dealt with him in the past; he's good as gold. He might have something. There's also a strap and bracelet forum here on WUS, too.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsax View Post
    Happy to post. give me a day or two! I have heard of all those bracelet types but never have encountered them for sale. Any suggestions on where I can purchase these in 18mm?

thanks everyone.

pics coming.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Great watch, congrats!

Referred to as 18mm, the Sea Wolf is actually ~17.45mm or so...11/16".
    My guess is that they were American market watches destined to have USA made bands and bracelets (the oyster-expansion was made by JB Champion) which were produced in fractional sizes.

Given that, there are lots of options for a "period-correct" attachment; the only way to go IMO.

I happen to be wearing one today, so I took some pictures with several vintage bands for you to check out:

Thread Information