OCEAN7 and Choisi watches announcement!

Thread: OCEAN7 and Choisi watches announcement!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OCEAN7 and Choisi watches announcement!

In a few weeks OCEAN7 will be offering several Choisi watches on our site, mostly the pilot models.

Choisi is a very old Swiss company known in the industry for their ebauche manufacturing of 6497/8 movements for many well known watch companies. They offer custom finishing and modifications to the 6497/8 including a one-button chrono and other modifications that are made to their customers specifications.

Sadly, several months ago the owner of the company passed away. A friend of mine and OCEAN7 is the new CEO of Choisi. He decided to change the direction of the company, concentrating on their ebauche manfacturing business. They will no longer offer the Choisi brand of watches, and he has asked us and several other watch companies to help him to sell off their inventory.

I don't yet know which models will be offered, that is up to Choisi. Our retail prices will be approximately one-third of the prices listed on their web site at Choisi. A watch listed at CHF 1000 will sell at retail for approximately $340 plus shipping. We will offer their watches until they are sold out. They are discontinued, but the manufacturer has sufficent spare parts to service the watches into the future.

As soon as we receive the list of the models that will be available, it will posted here along with prices. Other companies will handle the pocket watches in addition to the pilots. I'm not sure how they will be priced.

Each watch will be sold with a strap and warranty card only. No box or additional accessories will be included. They will be sold with a one year warranty. No return privileges are offered at these prices.

Please visit their site and feel free to discuss. I will let you know where you can buy the watches that we will not offer such as pocket watches, as soon as they become available.

Mitch
    Last edited by MitchSF; June 24th, 2009 at 19:20.

Re: OCEAN7 and Choisi watches announcement!

Some nice pieces Mitch. I like the Magnissimo model 6. Looking forward to seeing them on O7 website.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

OCEAN7 Forum Moderator SeikoSickness's Avatar

I'm intrigued by the chronograph. However, with a 50 mm case it's just too much...even for me.

Will you be getting your modified 6497 movements from this company?
    Marcin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like that chrono as well but 50mm will not work for me either. It reminds me of the Guiliano Mazzouli Manometro which I have always liked.
    Regards

Barry

I hope we get a good selection, some are really nice. I agree that 50mm is too large, at least to wear every day.

Our 24 hour modified 6497 movements are made by a different company.

Mitch

I like the Magnissimo "Art Deco". I don't own any skeleton watches and I doubt that I would buy one at full price, but for $600 or so, this one is a great deal, if we get them. You may recognize the movement because it is used by other companies well known on the forums.

I will probably end up keeping one of the Magnissimo's for myself, even though they are on the large side. I don't like gold watches at all, but that Model 21 looks good. I think I would take the Model 22 in pvd, though.

Mitch
    Last edited by MitchSF; June 24th, 2009 at 19:32.

Hi Mitch:

I also like the Magnissimo "Art Deco". This watch looks an awful lot like the Steinhart/Debaufre "Esqueleto". Maybe they both come from the same factory? If so, this version would be real steal at $600 because Debaufre is selling their skeleton watch at $1500!

Andrew

Hi Andrew, it is possible, but it's also possible that another ebauche manufacturer does the same thing. Also, Choisi watches will be sold off at dealer cost or lower, Steinhart and Debaufre watches are current production models. We may not get any skeletons.

Mitch

Interesting. That 50mm chronograph is intriguing ; I wonder if it would look too big even on my fat 9.5" wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFoote2 View Post
    Interesting. That 50mm chronograph is intriguing ; I wonder if it would look too big even on my fat 9.5" wrist!
    If anybody should go for it it should be you with a 9.5" wrist.
    Regards

Barry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information