5000T / 1000T Picture Request

Thread: 5000T / 1000T Picture Request

5000T / 1000T Picture Request

I wonder if some kind soul would be willing to shoot a quick picture or two for me. I'm interested in the purchase of one of the above watches, but I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on one first. I'm really curious about their sizes. I've got a set of calipers, and I've measured my own watch and tried to imagine the size difference, but it leaves something to be desired. So here's my idea. If you own one (or both) of these watches, take a picture of it from as close to top down as you can manage, with a coin nearby for scale. Kinda like this:

Here I've got my watch draped over a wooden spatula which is suspended over a bowl, since I wanted the back of the coin and the face of the watch as close to the same plane as possible, and that wouldn't be possible with the bracelet folded up behind it.

So from here, I could pop this picture into a photo editor, and using the known size of the quarter, I can scale the picture to 1:1 and then print it out, ending up with a cut-out of the watch face that should give me an almost perfect idea of how big the watch will be.

Seems a little complicated, I know, but I don't know how else to get an idea of what the watch will look like on my wrist. If anyone else has any better ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for your help!

Re: 5000T / 1000T Picture Request

I was on DOXAs site, writing them an email to ask if they had any front-on pictures of their watch, and while I was writing it, the flash intro on the main page played out. I'd never seen it before because every time I visited the site I used the menu bar to go directly to one of the individual watch pages. And lo and behold, what was in the flash movie but front-on photos of the watches.

So now all I need is a measurement reference. When they say "45 mm in diameter (excluding crown)", where are they measuring from? And how about the dial width? Is that like the face of the crystal, inside the bezel?

I think I got it figured out. I used the lug-to-lug distance to resize them, and then checked the other measurements once they were printed out. Behold, my awesome new 5000T!

And my 1000T:

Here's all of them:

All told, this wasn't perfect. I think my 1000T is a hair too big, and my 5000T is a hair too small, since they ended up nearly exactly the same size. It helps a little, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've done something like that before, when I was considering if a 46mm Ball Aviator was too big.

Here's an unorthodox wrist shot with a 5000T, 800Ti, 750T, and 1000T:

Rob

On a 7.5 inch wrist.
    Bill

Desire peace? Prepare for war.

Francois
    Lyon
    France

Thread Information