Unusual Doxa

Thread: Unusual Doxa

Unusual Doxa

Hi.... I'm a newbie to this site but anyone who visits the RLT site regularly will recognise me.

I have a Doxa which is quite unusual - I've never seen anything like it before and can't find out anything about it so I thought I'd ask the enthusiasts...

It is quite small at 36mm exc crown. It has quickset day/date, is hand-wind, non-hacking and 18mm lug size. The back is marked "water resistant - stainless steel back - shock resistant - swiss made" and carries the number 4074 which could either be a model number or a serial number. I have no idea of its age - the condition is truly superb and the plastic protector is stilll on the back.

Any info you could give (including a guesstimate of age and value) would be very welcome indeed, and as alway many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Rob

Re: Unusual Doxa

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Hi.... I'm a newbie to this site but anyone who visits the RLT site regularly will recognise me.

I have a Doxa which is quite unusual - I've never seen anything like it before and can't find out anything about it so I thought I'd ask the enthusiasts...

It is quite small at 36mm exc crown. It has quickset day/date, is hand-wind, non-hacking and 18mm lug size. The back is marked "water resistant - stainless steel back - shock resistant - swiss made" and carries the number 4074 which could either be a model number or a serial number. I have no idea of its age - the condition is truly superb and the plastic protector is stilll on the back.

Any info you could give (including a guesstimate of age and value) would be very welcome indeed, and as alway many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Rob
    I've learned from a UK site that this one is late 60's/early 70's - it has a Doxa 4074 movement and a rough value of about a hundred dollars.

Not an expensive watch but unusual and in my humble opinion, excellent value for money at that price.

Rob

Thread Information