Historic DOXA

Thread: Historic DOXA

Historic DOXA

I was wearing my SUB1000T last week while at the NURC/NOAA Aquarius habitat when one of the staff divers showed me his -- an original US Divers 1960s model handed down to him by his father, who was an aquanaut who wore it as a team member in the Helgoland habitat. Wow -- talk about being outclassed. It was in great shape, though obviously a watch that had seen use, but he had no idea he was wearing a collector's item

Re: Historic DOXA

Sorry, I meant to post this in the main forum, not under pictures.

Wow, that must have been a pretty cool surprise. Did you notice if it was a rare Helium Release valve Conquistador model?

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdoctor View Post
    Wow, that must have been a pretty cool surprise. Did you notice if it was a rare Helium Release valve Conquistador model?

Pete
    I agree Pete, that must have been an awesome surprise. Especially since he was where he was. When we were going through customs on Grand Cayman a few weeks ago, we spotted a guy wearing a 750T Pro. It's cool and surreal seeing them in the wild, but can't imagine how cool it would be to spot a vintage that was still being dove.

Karl, were you able to get some pics of it?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I agree Pete, that must have been an awesome surprise. Especially since he was where he was. When we were going through customs on Grand Cayman a few weeks ago, we spotted a guy wearing a 750T Pro. It's cool and surreal seeing them in the wild, but can't imagine how cool it would be to spot a vintage that was still being dove.

Karl, were you able to get some pics of it?
    Yes, it was a helium release valve model. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to grab any images of it -- but it was in very good condition. Obviously worn, but not uglified.

Thread Information