Canceled: WUS Sinn Factory Tour - Page 4

Thread: Canceled: WUS Sinn Factory Tour

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Forthcoming WUS Sinn Factory Tour and WUS Meeting

Haven't heard back from Sinn yet. As the visit will have to take place during a weekday, I want to have the date at least four weeks in advance as attendees likely will need to take time off from work ... unless I get the date soon, we'll have to "walk back" the visit to mid-October.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: Forthcoming WUS Sinn Factory Tour and WUS Meeting

Important: Cancellation Notice

The Sinn company has continuously failed to provide a date for the proposed visit of the WUS forum members to the Sinn factory in the first half of October, despite numerous reminders and requests on my part. We are now below the 4-week threshold I consider essential to enable attendants to take time off from work and/or family, and to make travel arrangements to Frankfurt. I just don't think Sinn are that much interested, or interested any longer, in the tour, or, for that matter, in the International Sinn Forum.

So after consultation with Ernie and Tim I sent Sinn a polite e-mail proposing that the visit be put on ice until - provided there is continued interest from the Sinn company in the project - they contact us again, and a new date can be arranged. I am not sure whether this will happen at all, but I felt it advisable to leave the door open for the resumption of friendlier relations.

I am sorry that the tour that many (myself included) were looking forward to with much expectation did not work out. But at least the forum members - and I - know that there won't be a tour in the first half of October, and can make other plans to spend our time.

As to why this is the turn of events, I have no clue as I haven't heard from Sinn in three weeks at all, and have not even received a response to my suggestion to put the visit on ice, either. One might speculate - though, again, this is pure speculation - that perhaps other forces have intervened and advised Sinn that giving such publicity (as I am sure the tour would have once published on WUS) to an independent forum might be detrimental to other fora, or enterprises connected with Sinn; or maybe the open debates that are the hallmark of the WUS International Sinn Forum did not go down well.

On a different, and hopefully more positive note:

I had originally hoped to close off the day at Sinn with a local Rhine-Main WatchUSeek area meeting in the tradition of the Darmstadt meetings. There might still be enough time to arrange an evening meeting in the second half of October (fall school recess in the state of Hesse) - no need to let the WUS meeting be rained out by Sinn's listlessness.

I'll make an announcement on the German Watches Forum today sounding out interest in an alternative WUS local Rhine-Main-area meeting .
    Last edited by Crusader; September 23rd, 2006 at 09:56.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information