Canceled: WUS Sinn Factory Tour

Thread: Canceled: WUS Sinn Factory Tour

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unhappy Canceled: WUS Sinn Factory Tour

Hi guys and gals, just a teaser at this point ...:

I talked to representatives of Sinn last week, and we tentatively agreed on a half-day program of a full tour of the Sinn factory/headquarters in Frankfurt, including a meeting and discussion with Mr. Schmidt (the Sinn owner and CEO), for WUS members in the first half of October. The visit to Sinn will possibly take place on a weekday between 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Needless to say, this is a rare and excellent opportunity to delve deeper into the world of watchmaking with one of the companies that is at the cutting edge of watch technology development.

Given the availability of excellent transportation means to Frankfurt by air, rail and road, and the fact that Sinn are making their special company discount available for those requiring hotel accommodations in Frankfurt (more details later), this visit will hopefully be of interest also to those WUS-members not located in the immediate Rhine-Main area.

The number of participants will be limited by the capacity of the Sinn facilities. If registrations should exceed the maximum number (and I don't know whether that will be the case at all), preference will be given to those who have been registered WUS-members since June 2006 or earlier, as the event is primarily aimed at providing a benefit for regular WUS members. If the number WUS regulars should be below the maximum number, consideration will be given to extend the invitation to non-WUS guests.

After the meeting at Sinn, I propose to adjourn to a regional WUS Rhine-Main meeting in a locale in Frankfurt to close off the day in the tradition of the two recent WUS Rhine-Main-area meetings in Darmstadt. I should add that I am hoping for help from prospective attendees familiar with the Frankfurt scene in planning the after-Sinn get-together, and also for participants with photographic skills (and equipment) superior to my own to document our tour for those WUS-members who cannot join us in person.

I'll be taking names at a later point in time when the exact date of the meeting, and the maximum number of participants have been determined.

More details to follow. Stay tuned!

Thank you for reading!
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: Forthcoming WUS Sinn Factory Tour and WUS Meeting

B-) Sounds like a great trip.

As soon as details are announced, I'd be very interested in attending.

Time to brush the dust off my passport!

(as long as my usual business travel doesn't get in the way... )

Russ
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    - Groucho Marx

Hello Martin,

if I can be of any help with the organisation of that event, please pm me. I would be happy to help out.

Greetings,

Christian
    Mostly divers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome work, Martin!

Thanks so much for creating this wonderful opportunity: now to see if I can make it across the pond in October....
    DW

Hi,

thank you, Martin, thats good news. I can help, too, cause I work in Frankfurt and leave in the near of it. I am very interesting, too, but if we have more "foreign" watch friends than places, I will leave the invention listing. Not a problem for me.

cheers
    U2inSpe

For the time being, my hope is that the newly created Sinn meeting room will be large enough to accomodate all foreign and domestic WUS Sinn afincionados ... but I need to hear a definitive number from Sinn yet.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Hi Martin,

I'd be very interested too!
    Cheers,
    Micha

that sounds interesting Martin, it's absolute interesting for me.
    i would come of course

if you need any help therefore
    regards

Andreas

Hi -

Count me in as well!

I will be more than willing to take photos (Nikon CoolPix 5000, but if you want really fantastic quality I can dust off my Pentax 67, but I have no macro lens for that one...but it's not instant gratification. ).

If I might propose, an excellent venue for an after-Sinn meeting might be a place called "Der Volkswirt" (The Economist"), which is off the Freßgasse in Frankfurt. It has a basement room where our company has often had after-meeting social events in the past. This is direct in Frankfurt, just off the Ziel, which is the main shopping area, and is very convenient for both public transportation and parking. The food is more than adequate, the basement room would probably have to be reserved in advance and we'd have to know how many would be coming. I'd be perfectly happy to handle arranging that. Decent beer, of course, as well...the basement room holds around 30 comfortably and around 60 can be fit in if they really, really like each other.

And since I would take the day off of work, let me offer my services to anyone coming in from overseas to pick them up at the Frankfurt airport: place is limited to a maximum of 4 people in my car (5 series BMW station wagon). Can't, unfortunately, offer anyone a place to stay (our place is too small for that), but would be more than willing to pick someone up from the airport or train station if the logistics can be worked out.

And would the meeting be in English or German? If Sinn prefers the latter, then anyone who feels left out should just hang around with me, I can provide a running commentary on what is being said. Do it all the time with my colleagues from New York, Paris and London...

I have at least two colleagues who'd be very, very interested but will defer to the membership here before letting them know.

JohnF

PS: Might it be of interest to also arrange, for those coming in from farther afield, a side visit to the fabulous Mr. Sinn himself, perhaps in the morning? His new digs really aren't that far away, and of course it would be value added to the whole experience...
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Thanks for the offer to help, John!

I don't think we need photographic experts with super-duper equipment ... it's more like I won't be in a position to take photographs myself as I will be busy during the tour, and hence I think if a limited number of people will offer to take as many pictures as they can, all the others can focus on the visit, and we can share the pitctures around after that.

To be honest, we did not discuss the meeting language :oops: ... judging from past experience, it will be an unproblematic mixture of German and English, however, with many bi-lingual members like yourself (or even I) being able to translate for either side.

There is an option for an a.m. program, but that hasn't firmed up yet ... got to keep a few surprises in hand. Also, depending on the day of the week and its proximity to the wekend or the German public holiday on 3 October, there is a small chance that the meeting will commence in the morning rather than the afternoon, so I would prefer to remain flexible about the rest of the day for a little while longer.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: while our tour of Sinn will obviously include one or two stops in the showroom to admire the collection and a visit to the repair facilities, there will probably be no time, during the tour, to purchase watches and commission repairs individually. But there will be ample time to do so before and/or after the tour for such individual transactions. I would therefore recommend that members who plan to purchase a watch, or commission a repair/service, plan in some extra time at Sinn before or after the tour.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information