Please Read: WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Thread: Please Read: WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Please Read: WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Dear International Sinn Forum Members,

Sinn have contacted me to further discuss the project of a tour of the Sinn facilities ca. in February 2007 which we discussed earlier in 2006.

The plans are as outlined last year, i.e. a full tour of the facilities and adiscussion with Lothar Schmidt (the Sinn owner and CEO) during an afternoon on a weekday. John F., Moderator of the WUS Vintage Watches Forum and, like myself, local to the greater Frankfurt area, will help in organizing this WatchUSeek event.

May I ask which WUS members would realistically be interested and able to attend, and what your preferred day of the week would be, and perhaps what week in February would be a good one for you? In other words, please indicate in your reply in this thread what dates would suit you (no e-mails please, I'd like to keep this all in a single thread and forum, if possible).

If there are fewer WUS members in good standing than available tour places, we will consider accommodating guests from outside WUS as well.

I think this will be an excellent opportunity to gain a first-hand insight into the world of watchmaking, and the views of a watch company CEO. I hope that many of you will be able to come and benefit from this rare and promising opportunity!

I'll keep you updated as the discussion with Sinn, and our plans, progress.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: Please Read: Plans for a WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory ca. February 2007

Hello Martin,

It is a pleasant Christmas surprise that Sinn have renewed their earlier invitation and I would love to participate.

As far as the date is concerned, any date in February would suit me just about the same, but in my line of work (see Avatar) I need to request days off for February at or before January 10th. Do you think that the date of the visit could be arranged before, as most German companies are likely to close down between Christmas and New Year?

As far as the time of the day is concerned; a morning visit would suit me better, as I could try to catch the afternoon flight back home. An afternoon visit would mean that I would need another day off, and getting three days off in a row will be more difficult.

I am looking forward to this opportunity.

Kurt
    Last edited by Kurt Koerfgen; December 15th, 2006 at 10:48.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

I will try to get the date for the visit before Christmas, though I do not know whether it can be finalized.

As for a morning visit, I am sure that this won't be a problem on the Sinn-side (nor for myself), but I'd like to hear what the other forum members would prefer.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for organising this Martin, it is greatly anticipated and appreciated.

For me, I hope to attend pending funding. I just wish that the Singapore government will fund this trip of mine to further my personal interest as well as national interest, to lobby Lothar Schmidt to set up a regional service centre in Singapore for a win-win situation

Honestly, I don't know if any of these will come through but I keenly await a possible date from you. :thanks

Hi -

I'll be taking a day off of work to do this whole thing, so pretty much any day is okay.

But I need to know mid-January at the latest. And I know I can pull in at least three non-WUS people, possibly more with a tad of calling about, including perhaps a couple of CEOs...

JohnF

PS: Let's just NOT make it the 14th of Feb, ok? That's a Tuesday, and I have three women to make happy that day...by not spending time at a watch factory!
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Dear International Sinn Forum Members,

Sinn have contacted me to further discuss the project of a tour of the Sinn facilities ca. in February 2007 which we discussed earlier in 2006.

The plans are as outlined last year, i.e. a full tour of the facilities and adiscussion with Lothar Schmidt (the Sinn owner and CEO) during an afternoon on a weekday. John F., Moderator of the WUS Vintage Watches Forum and, like myself, local to the greater Frankfurt area, will help in organizing this WatchUSeek event.

May I ask which WUS members would realistically be interested and able to attend, and what your preferred day of the week would be, and perhaps what week in February would be a good one for you? In other words, please indicate in your reply in this thread what dates would suit you (no e-mails please, I'd like to keep this all in a single thread and forum, if possible).

If there are fewer WUS members in good standing than available tour places, we will consider accommodating guests from outside WUS as well.

I think this will be an excellent opportunity to gain a first-hand insight into the world of watchmaking, and the views of a watch company CEO. I hope that many of you will be able to come and benefit from this rare and promising opportunity!

I'll keep you updated as the discussion with Sinn, and our plans, progress.

I'd love to come, but just like Kurt, I need to know a date soon. Otherwise I will be unable to get the day off.
    Ron.

If the tour would take place between February 17th and 25th then I could make it without the need to take a day off (already need to take two days off for the Basel Show).

Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Hi,

This would be a great opportunity and I'd like to participate. Any day in February would do.

Cheers,

Johan

You can count me in. Any day is fine with me, just let me know before mid January.

Thanks for making this happen.

Hello all,

Can I get comments whether a morning visit (starting at, say, 10 a.m. and lasting to mid-afternoon) would be an option, or would you prefer an afternoon visit (starting, say, at 13:30h or 14:00h, lasting until the evening)?
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information