Program and Registration for the WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Thread: Program and Registration for the WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Gift Program and Registration for the WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

As promised, here are more details about the WatchUSeek tour of the Sinn Spezialuhren headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany on Friday, 23 February 2006:

Program on 23 February
    We will meet at 13:45h in the ground floor lobby of the Sinn factory. The tour will officially commence at 14:00h in the Sinn meeting room with a reception and welcoming address by Lothar Schmidt, owner and CEO of Sinn. Following that, there will be a guided tour of the Sinn facilities (production, service, research and development), in one or two groups, depending on the overall number of people in attendance. The day at Sinn will conclude with a presentation by Mr. Schmidt and an open discussion, during which some food will be provided. We hope to have a representative of the Sinn R&D department present for that part, too. The meeting at Sinn will last until at least 18:00h, and those of us who are interested and have time may adjourn to a local pub/restaurant to close out the evening.

Language
    At this time, I expect that we will have a majority of German speakers, and that bilingual members will provide simultaneous translation for those unfamiliar with the language.

Important: Registration
    If you wish to participate, please register by sending an e-mail (no PMs, please) to me at [email protected] stating (1) your WUS user name, (2) your full name, (3) your e-mail address, and (4) if you intend to bring any guests, I'll need their full names, too. If you decide at a later point that you cannot participate after all, please let me know by the same method.

In the spirit of our newly established friendly cooperation, members of the German Sinn-Uhrenforum are cordially invited to participate in the event. You need not specially register as a WatchUSeek member. Registration procedure is the same as for WUS members, i.e. please send me your Sinn-Uhrenforum user name and the other information as requested above.

Travel and hotel accomodation:
    The landmark Frankfurt SAS Radisson is only a couple of kilometres away from Sinn) available for those participants wishing to spend a night before or after the meeting in Frankfurt. Rate details can be found below, in the next post.

If you plan to come to the meeting by car, please note that parking near the Sinn headquarters is extremely limited, and consider using public transportation.

How to get to Sinn in Frankfurt: http://www.sinn-uhren.de/sinn-uhren-...rtskizze-1.htm

Purchase and service of Sinn watches on 23 February:
    If you have any watches that you would like to bring in for service, or pick up from service, it would be very considerate if you could transact any service business before the tour starts. Watch purchases, if anyone is so inclined, are possible both before and after the tour. The sales room will be open until 18:00h on that day.
    Last edited by Crusader; January 17th, 2007 at 18:38.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: Program and Registration for the WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Unfortunately, the Sinn special rate for the SAS Radisson doesn't work out.

The hotel will only offer their regular "weekend special" rate for the night of 23/24 February which is € 130 without breakfast, and € 150 with breakfast.

If you are interested, you can contact the hotel directly for a reservation: http://www.frankfurt.radissonsas.com/ (websites in German and English)
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: Program and Registration for the WUS Tour of the Sinn Factory on 23 February 2007

Just to let you all know, we still have at least about a dozen places, so we are nowhere near maximum capacity for the tour ... no reason to hold back: send me an e-mail, and come on board!
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Question Holding back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Just to let you all know, we still have at least about a dozen places, so we are nowhere near maximum capacity for the tour ... no reason to hold back: send me an e-mail, and come on board!

I must admit I am worried about the language thing - I didn't learn German at school; or since then either. In fact I have never been to a German speaking country although I am a great admirer of the achievements of the German people in many fields and over many centuries.

Presumably the talk from Herr Schmidt and also during the tour will all be in German? Are any other non-German-speakers planning to attend this tour?

Thanks,
    Alan

Re: Holding back.....

Quote Originally Posted by altro View Post
    I must admit I am worried about the language thing - I didn't learn German at school; or since then either. In fact I have never been to a German speaking country although I am a great admirer of the achievements of the German people in many fields and over many centuries.

Presumably the talk from Herr Schmidt and also during the tour will all be in German? Are any other non-German-speakers planning to attend this tour?

Thanks,
    Alan, you'll get around Frankfurt with English just fine, and I think we'll have enough bilingual speakers present at Sinn to provide near-simultaneous translation.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

I have just mailed those who have registered with more details and updates.

If you believe you have registered, but do not receive my e-mail in the next few hours, please contact me ASAP.

If you have not registered yet, but would like to attend, please register now.

Thank you very much.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Thread Information