Advice on my first Brietling (Colt Quartz)

Thread: Advice on my first Brietling (Colt Quartz)

Advice on my first Brietling (Colt Quartz)

Looking at buying my first Breitling after owning 3 Omega watches.
    I have seen a Brietling colt quartz A64350 im intrested in which after searching the web dates the model up to 2001.
    The watch measures 37.6mm again after searching the web I see watches may be measured differently now so what would that compare size wise to a current Breitling ? Also did that model come in a bigger size ?
    Last edited by Boxed In; October 7th, 2009 at 21:21. Reason: spelling

sometimes UTC -8, or -7 or UTC and teh next week UTC +8 or UTC +9 , but usually in UTC +1 or +2

Re: Advice on my first Brietling (Colt Quartz)

the older Colts were all 38mm without crown . The current Colt Quartz' are larger @ 41mm , Reference :A74380 , measured without crown

I have had both (38 & 41mm Colt) but the newer ones are a (much !!) more substantial watch

I believe the super ocean has always been 40mm

this is a newer 41mm

Don't believe me or anything I say just because I say it ... do your own research , ask questions and get answers , find out what you can , do background searches on the (vintage) watch you're interested in AND on the seller , only if you do all of that you will be able to determine the authenticity of the watch you're interested in

I have to agree about the "substantial" comment. You wouldn't expect a 41mm watch to feel so roboust and chunky on the wrist. I wouldn't get an old model, simply because big watches are in fashion right now, and the 41mm Colt Quartz is already smaller than the mainstream watch diameter (42..45mm) of today. Unless you prefer lighter watches. In any case, make sure to try the 41mm Colt II Quartz on before you make a decision.

Dracha: have you polished the bracelet? AFAIK all Colt II Quartz comes on a brushed Pro II bracelet.
    Ingenieur - Speedmaster - Submariner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

sometimes UTC -8, or -7 or UTC and teh next week UTC +8 or UTC +9 , but usually in UTC +1 or +2

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post

Dracha: have you polished the bracelet? AFAIK all Colt II Quartz comes on a brushed Pro II bracelet.
    This one came with the polished bracelet , the previous owner bought the bracelet separate but liked the polished version better than the matt version, I think I agree with him as I like it as well and it matches the polished sides of the watch and it gives the watch a little less rugged look
    Don't believe me or anything I say just because I say it ... do your own research , ask questions and get answers , find out what you can , do background searches on the (vintage) watch you're interested in AND on the seller , only if you do all of that you will be able to determine the authenticity of the watch you're interested in

Quote Originally Posted by Dracha View Post
    This one came with the polished bracelet , the previous owner bought the bracelet separate but liked the polished version better than the matt version, I think I agree with him as I like it as well and it matches the polished sides of the watch and it gives the watch a little less rugged look
    Is that 811A, or polished 812A?

its an 811A

Quote Originally Posted by Dracha View Post
    its an 811A
    That's what I thought, the only difference between 811 and 812 is finish.
    Thank you.

Thread Information