Breitling around the world ?

Thread: Breitling around the world ?

Off Topic post Breitling around the world ?

Morning all ! (well, it is still morning here in the UK - just)

I have noticed that Breitling customers seem to receive different benefits depending upon where in the world you happen to live. For example, I believe, that in the US you receive a Breitling baseball cap upon registration of your 'first' Breitling, with more extravagent gifts being bestowed upon you as your collection builds ? (If this is incorrect, maybe it was a dream of the perfect world...)

As far as I am aware, in the UK we seem to have very little in the way of 'customer perks' or incentives to broaden our collection. Indeed, just asking for a discount at an AD is often met with contempt ! "You want WHAT ??!"

Looking at (not reading, as I don't understand it !) Breitling.co.jp would appear to imply that there is a Breitling Members' Club in Japan, with a members' magazine and trade show (salon?) etc. Does this not exist out of the Land of the Rising Sun ? What makes them so special ?

I just get the feeling that as I am about to become a Breitling owner for the very first time I am both missing out on additional goodies (although, admittedly, hardly a deal-clincher), whilst also seeming paying a premium for the product in the first place

Maybe I just have those Monday morning blues...

[/rant]

Regards,
    Daniel.
    BREITLING B-1 SQ + UTC
    SEIKO SKX007K on WJean SO II

Re: Breitling around the world ?

Here in Sweden owning a Breitling gives you no benefits, typical swedish. Here you are not allowed to make money and specially not showing it by wearing a Breitling.

Banned

No, no extra gifts over here Amnesia.

But you can get discounts, even at major chains and if they sneer at you take your £1/2/3/4k elsewhere.

best

Al

P.S. what are you going to get? (I am awaiting delivery of my Chrono Colt).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alan M
    P.S. what are you going to get? (I am awaiting delivery of my Chrono Colt).
    I have wanted a B1 - black face, s/s bracelet for as long as I can remember (sorry mech. guys). Seeing as this model has been replaced by the Airwolf the time is now, or never.

Just waiting on my AD to locate one...

Daniel.
    BREITLING B-1 SQ + UTC

How do you register your watch with Breitling? I just bought one from an Authorized Distributor and recieved no paperwork about registering with Breitling.

Division

rbt

Most ADs do it for you. Call your AD and make sure they did it.
    Alas, time stays, we go.

rik

Sorry to those of you that have heard this whinge before but I really first became aware of Breitling through an advert in the Fairford Air Tattoo programme and the 'Breitling Owners Club' tent at the show. You had to have to be wearing a Breitling to get in. I thought that was cool.
    I then started to notice other ads in aircraft mags and so, when I sold my house and had spare cash it was off to buy a Breitling for me and waited, with baited breath, for the next available Fairford Tattoo so that I could flash the watch and walk in, like a cool dude.

Now, I admit it; I have a penchant for branded freebies. Don't know why, perhaps I'm just cheap. I have a fair collection of Coke glasses, love my Airbus Military biro, Sony mouse mat, and, in fact, my office has a Coke vending machine solely because I got a wicked Rollerball pen out of it!! So I was thinking perhaps there might be stuff to get in the tent. Baseball cap would have made my day, keyring would have made me smile, so was less than impressed that there was jack to be had and that they even whipped the lanyard pass back as I left!

To be fair, it was quite busy, there were some free drinks (but a long queue) and I believe it's run by an AD rather than Breitling itself but I saw people walking around with hats so someone was getting stuff. Praps they'd spent money in the tent?

Anyhow, I was disappointed but I promise this is last time I'll ..... about it, and next year I won't wear my rubbish hat into the tent and then perhaps I'll look like I've got some more cash to throw their way!!

At the end of the day, I've still got a kick a**e watch!

We do seem to get the muddy end of the stick in the UK, don't we ?!

Good news is that my AD has found me a B1, so I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend

Time to get handy with the macro function on my camera
    BREITLING B-1 SQ + UTC

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia
    We do seem to get the muddy end of the stick in the UK, don't we ?!
    Possibly, yes, although it's partly deserved. If consumers were a little more assertive, they might get the nicer end of the stick, but they aren't, so...

I find horsetrading good fun, and I've never been ripped off. In London in particular, what skews things is the amazing amount of don't-care foreign money that pushes up prices; why should a store manager in Selfridges spend 30 minutes of his time bartering with me over the price of a low-end Breitling when he can sell a full-fat 18K Emergency for full price to a Russian oil baron?
    Last edited by publandlord; August 15th, 2006 at 16:04.

I bought my Breitling and all I got was a watch I really like, and a credit card bill I wasn't too keen about. A bit of swag probably would have been appreciated but really doesn't matter to me one way or another. I really like Breitling's World Time Calculator for my PC and that was a freebie download they didn't have to write and make available. I use this little software application a lot more than I'd use a cap or a polo shirt
    Steve

Thread Information