Breitling super avenger (real or fake?)

Thread: Breitling super avenger (real or fake?)

Breitling super avenger (real or fake?)

Hey everyone. First time post been lurking for awhile. About to make my first purchase locally through a private seller. I have attached photos and would like to gather opinions on whether or not this watch looks genuine ? It is a super avenger a13370 no box or papers. I am going to have him meet me at a jeweler but if it looks bad I won’t even waste my time. Thanks all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couple more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

No help ???

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Breitling super avenger (real or fake?)

It looks quite beat up in areas but looks real enough to me.

I’ve owned a few breitlings over the years and the dial and caseback are consistent with what you’d expect
    Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Instagram: @tophstewart

References
    All liinked in one thread
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/my...rs-903425.html

Quote Originally Posted by toph View Post
    It looks quite beat up in areas but looks real enough to me.

I’ve owned a few breitlings over the years and the dial and caseback are consistent with what you’d expect
    Thanks for the response. Do you think it can be polished up to make it look better ? We’ve agreed to $2,000. Pretty good deal for a super avenger but if it’s beat to .... maybe that’s why the price is low. But I’d be okay if I can polish it up. No box or papers is my biggest setback but it is a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp1035 View Post
    Thanks for the response. Do you think it can be polished up to make it look better ? We’ve agreed to $2,000. Pretty good deal for a super avenger but if it’s beat to .... maybe that’s why the price is low. But I’d be okay if I can polish it up. No box or papers is my biggest setback but it is a good price.
    It looks consistent. I don't think it looks beat up. It looks like normal wear and a polishing will make it look brand new. $2k is a good deal. If it makes you feel better you can easily buy a breitling inner/outter box and manual on ebay to complete your set.

Breitling
    - Colt A17350 - SOLD
    -
    Crosswind Special A44355 w/6 carats
    - Super Avenger A13370
    Panerai
    - Luminor Marina 1950 PAM 422
    - Luminor Marina Destro PAM 115
    Vintage
    - 1969 Bulova Sea King

Seller should have box and papers, which should match the serial number on the watch. Have the jeweler open the case so you can inspect the movement. You can find pics of the movement Breitling will use (Valjoux 7750, and customize/decorate how they do).

Also consider, he's selling it because it needs a service? So maybe you're in for $2,000 + ~$750 to service an automatic chronograph. I've done something similar, great price but it needed a service, still satisfied but then again at that time I had the money...

Less is more on polishing, try mother's mag wheel polish on polished areas only, so I believe that would work quite well on the all polished SS bracelet. It's a mild form of polish, no wheel used, so you won't remove much metal from your bracelet, to quickly and inexpensively make the watch look 80% better. It'll get scratched with wear anyhow.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Thread Information