Help Needed Breitling 806 Navitimer Venus 178

Thread: Help Needed Breitling 806 Navitimer Venus 178

Off Topic post Help Needed Breitling 806 Navitimer Venus 178

To Whom It May Concern !.....
    Here It Is I Just Bought My Very First Breitling Navitimer Original From The 60's A 806 Black Dial Genève Wiyh A 178 Venus And She Is In Pristine Condition The Thing Is She Was Kept In A Box For 40 Years Without Running .......now I Gave Her A First Try Out Yesterdy First She Does Runs Sometime For Many Hours But Stops Suddently And I Gave Her A Little Shake She Restart Again For A Short Period Or Long One And The N Stops Again +the Lower Push Button Is Very Stiff And I Do Not Want To Force It ,only The Left And Right Dials Handles Are Working While The Watch Restart But Not The Buttom One My Question His Wath Does She Need ???? Oiled Service, Or A Repair ,,,,,and How Much This Could Cost Me??? Because The Mechanism Is Clear Has Cristal Inside This Marvoulous One.....thanks In Advance......
    By The Way Can I Polish My Acrylic Lense With A Rubbing Coumpound A Soft One (surface Scratch Normal Wear) Any Tricks.....???
    Best Regards.

Re: Help Needed Breitling 806 Navitimer Venus 178

She sounds like a great find if mint condition - but this watch needs to be sent to Breitling or similar expert for a full overhaul/service. Even if in unused pristine condition, after 4yrs let alone 40yr, the oils & gaskets will be dried out, parts may have corroded - she needs a service. As for cost - dunno - best part of 400 Euros I'd say - but worth doing

si

Thread Information