help needed..Breitling Navitimer 806

Thread: help needed..Breitling Navitimer 806

Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia

help needed..Breitling Navitimer 806

Hi Guys, I was attracted by an ebay sale this morning and wonder if this piece is a real/fake one? I Dont know more about aopa Navitimer but it seems good for me?

Link:
    NEAR PERFECT TRANSITION VINTAGE 1964 BREITLING AOPA NAVITIMER 806 VENUS 178 | eBay

Anyone can tell me about the history of this watch? What are the movements inside etc? Your comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by hx_ONG; January 25th, 2013 at 11:19.

Re: help needed..Breitling Navitimer 806

Quote Originally Posted by hx_ONG View Post
    Hi Guys, I was attracted by an ebay sale this morning and wonder if this piece is a real/fake one? I Dont know more about aopa Navitimer but it seems good for me?

Link:
    NEAR PERFECT TRANSITION VINTAGE 1964 BREITLING AOPA NAVITIMER 806 VENUS 178 | eBay

Anyone can tell me about the history of this watch? What are the movements inside etc? Your comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    The one fault I see is the balance cock swiss code appears to be BOW. BOW was only used up through 1957 so the later WOG code should be on this 1964 watch. I also think the lettering on the bridge is the earlier lettering consistent for an older model. My guess would be the movement wasn't originally in that case.
    Last edited by gtopaul; January 25th, 2013 at 18:14.

Thread Information