WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Help please!! My B-1 is fogged up!!

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  brvheart 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys -

I looked down tonight and my B-1 was completely fogged up. I have never gotten it wet, no swimming with it, not even got it in the shower water. I dont know if it is because it is so hot and humid here and I was sweating with it on or what. Has anyone else had this happen??? Please give some input - I am a bit freaked out, calling BUSA first thing in the morning.

#2 ·
If water or moisture did get inside, get it to an AD, asap. In the meantime, and I'm not joking about this, get a bowl of rice (uncooked of course), and cover the watch in the rice. Rice has the tendency to absorb all the moisture surrounding it. I've saved a few wet electronics like cellphones and a digital camera, by doing this.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Somethings up for sure. Plenty of folks hereabouts, myself included, have worn their B-1's in hot, humid conditions. I haven't read of a B-1 fogging up before. Maybe someone else has.

Glad to hear its under warranty but there is no way around the waiting for it to be returned, thats a drag :-(. Here's hoping its a quick turnaround! Good Luck!!

#11 ·
Thanks everyone! Andrew is the shizzle as always. He feels worse than I do, the watch was NOS when I bought it and went to BUK for a complete overhaul and dial change - so Andrew is quite upset but he such good people.

I will keep you guys abreast as to when she comes home.

Good to see you all, I have Been lurking and not posting - been crazy busy, but have holiday this week so yay!!

#13 ·
This just keeps getting worse....

I sent the package off with 3 day delivery - it has been stuck in Customs since the 2nd of August - they will not give me any information. You know this just really really is not a good situation. It was to be confirmed delivery on the 3rd of August, being held hostage in Customs - with NO RELEASE date.

Excuse while I go puke then cry for a while.

#19 ·
I am quite sure that BUK is going to fix it, it is the fact that it is being held hostage by customs that is concerning.

As of today I still have no word on a release date - we have sent in all the paperwork that was asked for etc, but they have yet to release it.

#22 ·
^ thanks buddy - I need all the good wishes I can get!

You know what I did since I missed my B-1? I bought a GShock GW7900B-1 - you know what my thinking was - yes I am that bad with my sickness -

Well, the B-1 has a negative display, so does the 7900B-1, the 7900 also has the letter and number B-1 - so lets get it! And here she is - not elegant like the Breitling, but man she has been a dream for diving, swimming, coach the kids soccer (timing quarters etc) and she just looks rugged - also gets good looks while shooting :)

GW 7900B-1 by brvheart, on Flickr

#25 ·
^ thanks buddy - I need all the good wishes I can get!

You know what I did since I missed my B-1? I bought a GShock GW7900B-1 - you know what my thinking was - yes I am that bad with my sickness -

Well, the B-1 has a negative display, so does the 7900B-1, the 7900 also has the letter and number B-1 - so lets get it! And here she is - not elegant like the Breitling, but man she has been a dream for diving, swimming, coach the kids soccer (timing quarters etc) and she just looks rugged - also gets good looks while shooting :)

GW 7900B-1 by brvheart, on Flickr
I understand I also bought a G-shock while waiting for my B-2. It is great for just about everything including the soccer coaching as well. I hope to have my B-2 tomorrow. It has been a long wait for B-2.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.