Help! Should I buy this watch?

Thread: Help! Should I buy this watch?

Help! Should I buy this watch?

This is ridiculous. I stumbled into my first Breitling less than a month ago, and I'm already contemplating another one.

It's a Chronomat Longitude, Ref A20348, Approximately 6 years old. Never serviced. Excellent condition, according to the owner. Comes with inner box, extra links, and all papers. I haven't seen it yet. He wants $1000. Good deal? I'm concerned about the charcoal sub-dials and the logo may be stenciled instead of raised. Everything else looks right to me based on images I've found online, but what do I know? I'm looking it over on Monday. Any advice?

Also, out of curiosity, why the extra hour hand?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help! Should I buy this watch?

Quote Originally Posted by johnakm View Post
    This is ridiculous. I stumbled into my first Breitling less than a month ago, and I'm already contemplating another one.

It's a Chronomat Longitude, Ref A20348, Approximately 6 years old. Never serviced. Excellent condition, according to the owner. Comes with inner box, extra links, and all papers. I haven't seen it yet. He wants $1000. Good deal? I'm concerned about the charcoal sub-dials and the logo may be stenciled instead of raised. Everything else looks right to me based on images I've found online, but what do I know? I'm looking it over on Monday. Any advice?

Also, out of curiosity, why the extra hour hand?
    the chronomat longitude has an extra hour hand for you to know/tell time of another time zone aside from your local time zone. it means, it gives you two time zone at a single glance.

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Nice watch from what can be seen from the photo.
    Price is about right also if its provenance is good.
    Factor in a few hundred for a service and it comes in at a little below market value IMHO.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

extra hand is a GMT function, you can check-out the time in 2 tme zones. it looks like a good deal to me...

Thread Information