I AM the biggest loser

Thread: I AM the biggest loser

Picture I AM the biggest loser

My apologies to those of you who frequent other forums, but I thought I'd share my picture that came in second in a recent contest on TZ. :silver

What does being the best loser get me? Sadly, nothing at all, except the perennial respect of my peers and the knoweldge that all the B-1 owners will FINALLY discard their silly quartzes for maginficent specimens like this. :-D

Cheers,

Kevin

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Question Well Kevin, what did you actually lose anyway?...

Quote Originally Posted by kr4mula
    I thought I'd share my picture that came in second in a recent contest on TZ. :silver What does being the best loser get me? Sadly, nothing at all, except the perennial respect of my peers and the knoweldge that all the B-1 owners will FINALLY discard their silly quartzes..
    The only prize awarded (1st place) was a black velcro wallet. Kurt and SnapIt have always been able to do better over here with contest prize pools. I happen to have an extra one of those wallets which I will be happy to send to you if you like. Martyn doesn't need it now cuz TZ is providing one for him. LOL. Plus, over here you can actually make an unveiled reference to another forum without ludicrous censorship. Of course, IMHO, your photos are always terrific even if you can't bring yourself to admit you're a closet SuperQuartz addict. Just to show you I'm not offended, here's the non-quartz watch photo I entered in the TZ contest which only received 2 votes. Probably one from my Mom and the other from my attorney. I should have entered one of my more "artistic" shots replete with shading and mystery instead of just a watch. Sour Grapes! I wanted that wallet!
    Hahahahahaha! :-D
    Cheers,
    Ron

My next to last place contest entry...

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

rbt

Re: Well Kevin, what did you actually lose anyway?...

Quote Originally Posted by O2AFAC67
    The only prize awarded (1st place) was a black velcro wallet. Kurt and SnapIt have always been able to do better over here with contest prize pools. I happen to have an extra one of those wallets which I will be happy to send to you if you like. Martyn doesn't need it now cuz TZ is providing one for him. LOL. Plus, over here you can actually make an unveiled reference to another forum without ludicrous censorship. Of course, IMHO, your photos are always terrific even if you can't bring yourself to admit you're a closet SuperQuartz addict. Just to show you I'm not offended, here's the non-quartz watch photo I entered in the TZ contest which only received 2 votes. Probably one from my Mom and the other from my attorney. I should have entered one of my more "artistic" shots replete with shading and mystery instead of just a watch. Sour Grapes! I wanted that wallet!
    Cheers,
    Ron

My next to last place contest entry...

Dear Mister O2AFAC67,

Your thoughtless and demeaning post has come to the attention of the rules enforcement arm of TZ. Be advised that your case is now in the hearing stage. You will be dealt with swiftly and severely at a time when you least expect it. You have been warned!

Big Brother
    Alas, time stays, we go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Work 8 weeks in Escravos & then 3 weeks in Katy on vacation

I got 1 Vote,

But, I really wanted to vote for the other pics.

REALLY!
    Regards & All the Best,

Mike

Re: Well Kevin, what did you actually lose anyway?...

Quote Originally Posted by O2AFAC67
    Cheers,
    Ron
    Ron, your generosity is superseded only by your love of the SuperQuartz! I think you for your kind offer, but I think that velcro really isn't my style. It must be more for those SQers Not that I have any money to put in it anyway!

I guess I will just have to stick to fora that offer freedom and the benevolent dictatorship that SnapIt and Kurt offer us over here.

Cheers,

Kevin

Re: I AM the biggest loser

This is an interesting thread. Out of respect to the mods here, whom I sincerely respect, I won't comment any further about the thread other than to say:

It's always good to see people's true colors.

B-)

Cheers,
    Terry

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Unhappy Re: Unintended critisicm? I hope so......

Bad form Gents..... While I realize the above comments were meant as lighthearted, and the initial post was simply a creative and humorous bit, it seems quite rude to openly criticize the efforts of another site to promote a photo contest.

As to prizes, well, if you think it's not worth the effort, why enter? To get your pics viewed of course! Well, that and to share our passion for the brand (The real reason I think any of us would enter something like that). The moderators there simply wanted to run a photo contest to get some pics showing, and it seemed to be quite successful!

As to "rules" and "Freedom", both sites have their rules, set by the owners of each, and rightfully so. This site also has certain images and subjects that are forbidden (which are NOT forbidden over there), and that is the prerogative of the proprietor.

Perhaps it was forgotten (or not thought of?) that many, MANY folks may read and/or frequent both places.

Sorry for the rant, but the last time I bit my tongue and kept quiet on an issue of character here, I watched a valued friend and forum member be run off with a barrage of character assassination. I've felt guilty ever since. Not going to make that mistake here again....

Here, It seems to me, whether intended or not, two gentlemen I consider friends have been offended. Whether I post over at brand X forum (I've not in months) or not, is irrelevant. I fealt I must make the point I have made.

(flame resistant suit donned....).
    Last edited by T Bone; May 11th, 2006 at 06:20.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thumbs Down TZ Moderators are the biggest Scam artists!!!

Dear forum members,

I think you all have the right to know the truth about TZ and the moderators there.
    A couple of years ago they had a competition there to send in Breitling related photos, Photoshop could be used... the first prize was a Breitling Stand that was offered by one of the members of that forum. I won the first prize! Well guess what, they never contacted me for the prize however they said they will!!! I sent them emails but hey always came up with different excuses, and told me to wait and be patient... I got so frustrated and had my opinion about this on the forum when they had an other competition, guess what they moderated out my message. I promised myself I will never visit that cheap and worthless forum anymore...

Best regards,
    Sandor

Last edited by e-male; May 11th, 2006 at 09:51.

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Re: I AM the biggest loser

Gentlemen,

Lets keep it simple.

I got a great imagination and can see all of the
    impending sides of this argument being ventelated.

Much ink will be wasted. Nothing will come of it.

So, in the interest of current and future conduct of the forum please stop
    the unnecessary bashing of TZ. If you have a beef, settle it there.

Our shared space is only a click of a favorite link away.
    Breath taking isn't it!!??!!

Mi casa, su casa. As long as you wipe your feet!
    Last edited by SnapIT; May 11th, 2006 at 10:47.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

You could be a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by kr4mula
    My apologies to those of you who frequent other forums, but I thought I'd share my picture that came in second in a recent contest on TZ. :silver

What does being the best loser get me? Sadly, nothing at all, except the perennial respect of my peers and the knoweldge that all the B-1 owners will FINALLY discard their silly quartzes for maginficent specimens like this. :-D

Cheers,

Kevin

Hello Friends,

As SnapIt has already rightfully mentioned; let's stop bashing other Fora.
    We can't change how they run things somewhere else and in end it leads nowhere.

But to put a positive spin on things I have decided to improvise a contest.

First prize: Breitling Travel Case
    Second prize: Breitling Wallet
    Third Prize: Breitling Hat (new beige design, square red "Breitling" letters)

Please have a look at my other post from today, outlining the question and rules.
    Last edited by Kurt Koerfgen; May 11th, 2006 at 15:10.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Thread Information