I just purchased my first Breitling, and I need help.

Thread: I just purchased my first Breitling, and I need help.

I just purchased my first Breitling, and I need help.

I just purchased a Breitling Duograph, 1995 World Cup of aerobatics edition. It's a butiful watch, but the 12 hour hand is about 30 minutes off from the minute hand. The 24 hour hand is fine. Is this something that will have to be fixed by Breitling, or can a local watchmaker do it? I've already spent more on the watch than I should have, and I'm reluctant to dive into what could be a very expensive repair. Any advice?
    Thanks,

Grant

EJC

Re: I just purchased my first Breitling, and I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by gnielse View Post
    I just purchased a Breitling Duograph, 1995 World Cup of aerobatics edition. It's a butiful watch, but the 12 hour hand is about 30 minutes off from the minute hand. The 24 hour hand is fine. Is this something that will have to be fixed by Breitling, or can a local watchmaker do it? I've already spent more on the watch than I should have, and I'm reluctant to dive into what could be a very expensive repair. Any advice?
    Not sure I'm following your problem but,

whether you use BUSA or a local don't expect a repai to be cheap. Personally if it needed repair, I would send it BUSA. I've had problems with locals screwing up watches and they can't always getthe right parts.
    Elliot
    "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere!"

this is undoubtedly a mechanical (not my area of speciality) but i'd say from your description that the 12 hour hand is mis-aligned. this is done at the time the hand is fitted, so it could need refitting to rectify the problem. if you didn't buy it though breitling and it's out of warantee you'll probably face the prospect of a service bill for them to repair it (because the have to open up the watch and therefore open themselves to liability for future faults), unless you're on very good terms with your local AD and can get some consession on this policy. if it's cost too much already, i'd cut my losses and throw it back. but you'd be wise to get some costings first, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gnielse View Post

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

rbt

By slowly and gently pushing in on the pushers, you can align the hour hand pretty much anywhere you want it.
    Alas, time stays, we go.

Quote Originally Posted by rbt View Post
    By slowly and gently pushing in on the pushers, you can align the hour hand pretty much anywhere you want it.

Thanks much for the info. I tried it this morning, and it's working fine for teh first few hours. It would be nice if I could just give a full push to change time zones, but this is a great work around for now.
    Thanks,

Grant

rbt

My pleasure. Glad it helped. Cheers, Bob
    Alas, time stays, we go.

Thread Information