My first vintage Breitling

Thread: My first vintage Breitling

My first vintage Breitling

Looking for help.... I’ve bought this watch from my neighbour (because he was selling it and I loved it!) but I don’t know much about it really. I think it’s 1969? It was last serviced by Breitling 2000 which sounds a long time ago but it’s keeping good time....

I’ve been hoping to fix the original bracelet - hoping someone can point me in the right direction to source the missing end link? No luck with breitling! I’m starting to think it won’t be possible. 😐

Does anyone know a good alternative bracelet if it can’t be fixed?

I’ve put it on a breitling brown crocodile strap for now 🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My first vintage Breitling

nice pickup! others will chime in. congrats!

You'll be lucky to find the missing end link for that bracelet. Actually you'll be lucky to find another bracelet period. You could use a period correct Moblot bracelet. Moblot was used on some vintage Breitling's straight from the factory (Top Time for example) so they had a relationship with Breitling. You can find them relatively inexpensive on Ebay from an Egypt seller but he is reliable. Here's one on the Navitimer I just sold. The slide clasp takes a little getting used to but it looks pretty good if you have to have a bracelet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! I’ll take a look at those Moblot. Any thoughts on where I should get it serviced? I’ve been playing with it a bit today - trying to set the date - I think the crown is stiff and I seem to be able to adjust the time back but not forward. Something broken?!

Breitling has quoted £1700 via AD but that included a new bracelet (they didn’t specify which one - “similar”). Also... barrel spring, crown, crystal, crown tube and (something I can’t read - arriving?) pin. I was a bit annoyed it took 3 months and I didn’t think the dealer was passing on much information so I asked for it back.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_jr_smith View Post
    Thanks! Iíll take a look at those Moblot. Any thoughts on where I should get it serviced? Iíve been playing with it a bit today - trying to set the date - I think the crown is stiff and I seem to be able to adjust the time back but not forward. Something broken?!

Breitling has quoted £1700 via AD but that included a new bracelet (they didnít specify which one - ďsimilarĒ). Also... barrel spring, crown, crystal, crown tube and (something I canít read - arriving?) pin. I was a bit annoyed it took 3 months and I didnít think the dealer was passing on much information so I asked for it back.
    You can go to Breitling's website https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/service/ and request service from them directly. They will send you a post-paid box and instructions on how to pack your watch so that it is protected during transit. Once they receive it, they will inspect it and provide you with their recommendations and parts list (similar to what your AD provided). You can track the entire process through their website.
    Name:  Service-1.png
Views: 37
Size:  86.2 KB

It can take some time. They are replacing the ELT battery and performing a standard service on my Emergency watch and it has been a couple of months, now.

Here in the US Breitling doesn't service vintage pieces and refers everyone to Horological Services for repairs. They are both expensive and can take up to a year to finish a watch but they do great work and seem to have the support of Breitling when it comes to spare parts. I'd suggest you find someone in your immediate area to service the watch that has experience with Breitling. These early auto Cal 11/12 auto chrono's are very difficult to get parts for if needed.

A vintage Chrono-matic on a leather strap is classic combo. Consider different straps if you prefer another look but it looks great without a bracelet.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

Beautiful.

Enjoy it!
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Banned

That patina is lovely

Thread Information