New Avenger Seawolf...

Thread: New Avenger Seawolf...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Avenger Seawolf...

Hi all,

First time poster on the Breitling forum but I've been around :). It's my first new Breitling ever.

In fact, I was going to an AD to buy an Omega the other day, since I love them and always like a new one in my stable, but as most WISes do, I got sidetracked at every other watch store on the way to my destination.

When I looked into the Breitling case at a different dealer on the way to the Omega dealer, the Avenger Seawolf kept starring at me. I wanted to mind my own business, but the AS kept looking at me and whispering, 'try me on, c'mon, you'll like it, I promise'....(you've got issues when you hear watches talking to you, I know).

Suffice it to say, I've been sporting this for a few days now, and I absolutely love it.

I *think* I bought the slate gray dial. In daylight and under strong fluorescent lights it appears gray. In different light conditions, it appears matte black. And if the sun/light hits it right, the AR coating makes the dial appear blue.

I love the tight fit of everything on this watch. I don't quite get why there's no dive suit extension, but love the brushed steel finish.
    I've had the 45.5mm Planet Ocean and could not get the bracelet to fit my large wrist (between 7.75" and 8") comfortably due to the end pieces sticking out too far and there not being a fine adjustment in the clasp. No issues here.

The clasp itself is functional with the fine adjustment, although the flip lock angle takes a bit of getting used to when you operate it.

The crown is big and beautiful, and super smooth to work. I noticed the "B" lines up perfectly too. I wonder if this was accidental or by design....I've just never had any engraving line up like this before on other watches and I have seen other Breitlings look like this.

The crystal is super thick. There's a wonderful depth to the crystal and dial. I'd love to know exactly how thick that crystal is if anyone has that info. It also has a slight dome to it. Very nice.

The lume is also decent and adequate, IMHO. I understand that previous models had good lume, but not necessarily great lume. The numbers are not painted with luminous material, but the hour marker dots as well as the 6,9, and 12 markers glow quite well. The hands are just the right width and length to make this watch easy to read at a glance.

The bezel has 120 distinctly firm yet smooth clicks.

For a large watch it only weighs about the same as a Marathon SAR at 159g. A 16600 Sea-Dweller weighs just 5g less. It is also lighter than a similar sized 45.5mm Planet Ocean. The weight is not an isse on this watch, IMHO. If anything, the watch is better balanced than my old SD was. The 22mm bracelet width helps in this regard.

I've never had anything against Breitling, but most models never really appealed to my tastes. When it came to this AS, I don't know if it was the pure white stenciled numbers on the dial in combination with the brushed stainless steel case and bracelet (only the case sides and back are polished), or whether it was just the fact that it's so different than anything I've had before. I just knew I had to have one when I saw it.

I'll be making this my daily wearer.

Sorry for the long post (I'm not normally this long winded), but I wanted to share my thoughts about the new addition.

Thanks and best regards,

JP

Re: New Avenger Seawolf...

JP you'll find that the clasp opens much easier when you slide your finger underneath the clasp on your skin side. So as opposed to pulling the clasp, you are sort of prying it. If that makes any sense. But anyway, welcome and great watch.
    BROKER

Thanks for that tip! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JP(Canada) View Post
    Thanks for that tip! :)
    No problem. It kinda "pops" open when you do it that way. I find it MUCH easier that way.
    BROKER

im looking for the exact same watch (prob used), tried on both the black and slate gray today.. yours looks black as the slate gray just blended with the bezel in the AD. Lovely watch!

Lou

Congrats on the AS, i had the older Ti version and loved everything about it, been looking at the new version but sadly works slow and every penny counts at the moment...

For the record the old seawolf had a sapphire depth of 4.3mm so its some chunk of crystal and would assume the new version is the same..

Once again congrats and wear in good health
    Cheers then

Lou

Current Breitlings.

Super Avenger White
    Avenger Seawolf White SS
    Emergency Mission MkII Black
    Hercules White
    Montbrillant Legende 18k Two Tone White

Previous: Colt Auto, B2, Ti Seawolf, Chronomatic, Chronmatic 24hr ltd, B1+Utc, Skyracer, Skyland, SOH, Super Avenger Blk Dial, Emergency+Utc

Semper Fidelis

Banned

Welcome beautiful! (The watch that is)

Best

Al

UJU

Beautiful watch, and great pics.
    The AS with the yellow dial will most likely be my next watch.
    And rest assured. You are not the only one hearing voices in your head when visiting the AD.

Beautiful watch - great choice - I love mine

I am surprised it doesn't have a diver-extension though - my Titanium Pro 1 bracelet does - presumably a modification when they went to steel, but a surprising one all the same for a pro diver tool watch

I just checked my Seawolf and the B on mine also lines up perfectly like yours - very cool

si
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Hi.
    Congrats and welcome !
    There's no better way to introduce oneself than posting many quality shots and well explaining choice and feelings, as you did...
    Thank you ! :thanks

Just like UJU, a yellow dialed Seawolf should arguably be my next watch...

Cheers,
    Brice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information