New Underwood 12 Module Winder - A New Home for my B Collection!! + Updated Collection Pic

Thread: New Underwood 12 Module Winder - A New Home for my B Collection!! + Updated Collection Pic

Gift New Underwood 12 Module Winder - A New Home for my B Collection!! + Updated Collection Pic

So I got the ultimate gift from a customer/friend of mine who I have done some business with this year. He is an ex-Breitling nut who once had a nice watch collection but sold off most of it and only kept a couple pieces. He had no use for this kind of winder and when he found out I have a lot of B's in my collection he gave it to me as a gift!!

I was both very surprised and very excited to receive the Underwood-London 12 Module (Rotobox) winder and absolutely love the look of this thing. It is nice and compact, and it has the "perfect" number of modules for my collection as there are 12 individual Rotobox units. Although I have 13 B's in my collection, one is always on the wrist - which leaves the other 12 to go in the Underwood!

The winder is absolutely incredible as far as quality. Each module has a removeable insert to house the watches that far exceeds the quality of the inserts on my previous Eilux winders (which are also really nice, as well!!). Each module is also completely removeable and can operate on its own by battery power. This is great for travel. The quality of the brown leather on the box is incredible, as is the quality of glass on the front of the unit and the silver knobs.

The Underwood comes with a preset winding program that winds the watches both clockwise and counterclockwise on a four hour cycle (with three hours of rest time). While there is control over whether or not to turn an individual unit on or off (this way I can have my Quartz B's in there for "display only," not winding), there is no control over the winding program or turns per day. The default program is meant to wind every kind of watch, which it surely does do. However, I determined that the default program is a little excessive for my B's, so I attatched the winder to a digital timer before plugging it in that keeps it off for 8 hours of the day. This way the watches are not getting excessively wound. I also saw on Underwood-London's site that they are working on a chip that goes into the Rotorbox units that allows for further customization of the TPD (winding program) and winding direction for the individual unit. This chip will be offered as an upgrade to current Underwood owners, and I will certainly look into this in the near future.

What do you guys think of the new home for my B collection??
    Last edited by fenderusastrat; December 1st, 2007 at 17:24.
    Breitlings:

Chrono Cockpit- Black Dial, 18K/SS, SS Bracelet
    Astromat 1461- White Dial, 18K/SS, 18K/SS Bracelet
    B1 (SQ) w/UTC- Blue, SS/Bracelet
    Emergency Orbiter 3 (LE/1999)- Blue Dial, Titanium/Bracelet
    Cosmonaute D.B.- Black Dial, SS
    CWSLE (LE/1000)- White Dial, 18K/SS
    Crosswind- Blue Dial, 18K/SS, SS Bracelet
    Emergency (SQ) w/UTC- Yellow Dials, Titanium/Bracelet
    Navitimer 1461 (LE/1000)- Black Dial, SS
    Superocean Chrono- White Dial, SS, SS Bracelet
    SOH 38- Bronze Dial, SS Bracelet
    Emergency- Black Dial, 18K WG, 18K Bracelet
    Chronomat w/UTC- MOP Dials, 18K WG
    Cosmonaute (LE/50)- Anthracite Dial, 18K WG
    Navitimer Datora (LE/25)- White Dial, 18K WG
    Mark VI Complications 19- Blue Dial, SS Bracelet
    Mark VI Complications 29 (LE/250)- Brown Dial, 18K RG
    Mulliner Perpetual (LE/50)- Black Dial, 18K WG
    B1 (SQ)- Black Dial, 18K WG
    Chronomat- MOP Dial, 18K WG
    Chronomat B01 D.B. (LE/2000)- Black Dial, SS/Bracelet
    Navitimer QP (LE/50)- White Dial, 18K YG
    CWSLES (LE/250)- Black Dial, SS

Thumbs Up Re: New Underwood 12 Module Winder - A New Home for my B Collection!! + Updated Collection

Stunning, and a truly great gift, you're very lucky, 13 Bs, handsome module and the vintage Strats!

P.S. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of those either.

Re: New Underwood 12 Module Winder - A New Home for my B Collection!! + Updated Collection

that's one heck of a winder--amazing!
    Own:

Breitling Chrono Avenger Ti
    Rolex Submariner
    Tissot T-Touch
    Tag Heuer Formula
    Seiko Landshark
    Timex Triathlon
    Panerai Luminor Submersible 00024
    Panerai Luminor Marina Automatic 00049 (well, actually her watch )

Thread Information