No more Breitling Jet Team :(
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: No more Breitling Jet Team :(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No more Breitling Jet Team :(

Unfortunately Breitling decided not to renew contract

Breitling ends sponsorship contract with Apache Aviation

BREITLING ENDS SPONSORSHIP CONTRACT WITH APACHE AVIATION

Apache Aviation announced that from the end of the season 2019, its seven L-39 Albatros team will no longer fly under the colours and brand name of Breitling.

Breitling has decided not to renew the sponsorship contract at the end of this year with Apache Aviation, operator for 17 years of the Breitling Jet Team.
    Breitling Jet Team was established in 2003 as the first professional civilian jet team in the world flying in Europe, Asia, Middle-East, North America. The team has performed hundreds of displays with its 7 L39 Albatros jets, as well as bringing the thrill of aerobatics formation flying to thousands of passengers, being the only organization to offer this experience with multiple jets.

Apache Aviation has operated an aerobatic team since 1982 under Martini, Ecco/Adecco, and Breitling colours and has performed 3,000 safe displays in 39 countries.

For the 2020 season and beyond, Jacques Bothelin, Apache Aviation President, is setting up a sponsor research strategy using unique know-how, developed over 37 years of aerial demonstration. His team’s future will be hopefully ensured either through an exclusive sponsor or a pool of co-sponsors.

"The fighter jet is a flying machine of excellence, an unsurpassed communication vehicle to ensure unique visibility to a brand, whether at public events, via the Internet and social media or by all the private operations for which the team remains available to the sponsor. Aerobatics offers a fascinating show, it is the quintessence of mastery and style." recalls Jacques Bothelin.

Flexible, transgenerational and unconstrained by a sporting calendar, the aerobatic team is the communication tool offering the best return on investment and an unforgettable customer experience.
    The future Apache Aviation partners will benefit from the 30 annual demonstrations in 10 Europe countries, complemented by tailor-made operations.
    Name:  5d19cb9c6d297b51f443854c.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  4.38 MB
    rickpal14 likes this.

Re: No more Breitling Jet Team :(

I wonder how much it was costing them?

I have just about reached the end of my rope with Breitling. There is no loyalty or respect for tradition with this new ownership/leadership. I am the last to complain about a company having to change with the times with respect to the financial responsibility to the company. I understand this but Breitling, this is a lot to stomach in a short time. When you look at the manner in which a company like Rolex matains it's self respect and that of it's corporate image you realize how well this can be done. I have been trying to support the new leadership and find there logic as necessary with what they have done but I guess this is the last straw for me and my "understanding". I am sure I will be crucified here but I do not care. For me, this is one bridge too far. They could have just as easily shared the sponsorship with other non-competitive brands but to just drop the Jet team along with all of the other flight systems that were the staples of Breitling is in my opinion just wrong. We will lose this but maintain a "Camera Squad"? Give me a break.
    Frank.
    O2AFAC67, Macey, Burgs and 3 others like this.
    Betrayed and alone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is a news on Breitling site, they are "open to staying on board as co-sponsor" so no guarantee there and it won't be Breitling Jet Team anymore :

https://www.breitling.com/ch-en/pres...-and-breitling

For 17 years, Apache Aviation has operated the Breitling Jet Team, the world’s first professional civil jet team, and its seven L39 ALBATROS Jets. Breitling’s long-standing contract with Apache Aviation will expire on the 31st of December 2019. Breitling has decided not to renew its sponsorship as sole and exclusive partner of Apache Aviation, but is open to staying on board as co-sponsor.

Today, Breitling is a global brand and as a consequence, the Swiss watchmaker aimsto activate its partnership with Apache Aviation not only in Europe but also in Asia and America, where there is a huge community of aviation aficionados who would love to see the Jet Team performing in their own skies or offering guests a unique flight experience. This continuation of internationalization and increased visibility, however, requires a substantial additional investment.

The arrangement would be patterned after global sports disciplines that benefit from the contributions of strong multiple sponsors, such as Formula 1 and sailing. Breitling and each partner organization would share the cost of the operation of the Jet Team.

The partnership between Breitling and Apache Aviation has led to the worldwide success and reputation of the Breitling Jet Team. New financial partners would ensure the continued visibility and viability of the team around the world.

Jacques Bothelin, CEO of Apache Aviation, and Breitling are hoping that the right sponsors will be found so that the Jet Team’s unique know-how, developed over the past 17 years, will continue to impress and enthuse people around the globe.

Drop the DNA, keep the models of actors. Breitling are no longer the Breitling culture I became attracted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

I had a chance to meet the team at an event the Orlando Boutique hosted back in 2016 when the started their American tour.
    It was a lot of fun. I had a chance to have the team members autograph my hat.
    It is a shame that after all these years Breitling is giving up sponsoring the team.
    Name:  DSCN8854.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  1.15 MB

Name:  DSCN8861.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  1.22 MB

Name:  DSCN8865.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  1.26 MB

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Angry Re: No more Breitling Jet Team :(

When I accepted the very fortunate offer to fly with the team during their first American Tour (2015) I couldn't have forseen the demise of the Connie, the Wingwalkers, the Red Bull air racer, David Martin's aerobatics, Aude Lemordant's aerobatics, all the other Breitling sponsored aerobatic kites and now the Jet Team. After watching the process of elimination when Kerns' arrived, I did predict he wouldn't renew the Jet Team's contract either. Fortunately, we can now join the actors, surfers, bikers, Norton motorcycle enthusiasts, photographers, ocean concervationists, beach volleyball players and just general all around millenial new green dealers in saving the planet while Kerns saves Breitling. Sheeeeeez... I'm with you Frank. I am disgusted and at the end of my rope with this guy. I'll still enjoy my pre-Kerns era Breitlings but that's because I will consider them to be "Legacy" Breitlings having nothing to do with the new direction of the company. Thankfully most of the owners and enthusiasts I know personally feel the same way.
    Best,
    Ron

Last edited by O2AFAC67; 2 Weeks Ago at 21:14.

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

And lets not forget the nose art theme of a couple of years ago. I thought that was a homerun and the only thing missing was putting some of that on the dials of a limited edition series of watches.
    O2AFAC67 and EMVAMPYRE like this.

Glad I got to see them here in Florida a few years back. I continue to enjoy my Super Avenger but do not think I will be buying any new models. Their new direction is just silly (all the Squads). I can see it now, a bunch of old dudes in a board room, how can we make Breitling hip and cool, get rid of everything and create Squads because they use that word on Instagram a lot #squadgoals. FAIL!!!!

Regards,

Ren
    O2AFAC67 likes this.

[QUOTE]Drop the DNA, keep the models of actors. Breitling are no longer the Breitling culture I became attracted to. /QUOTE]

Totally agree. He has run a great brand into the ground.

I too only buy the "good" Breitlings any more, none of the new stuff.
    O2AFAC67 and qa_ii like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information