Picked up my new Avenger Seawolf...

Thread: Picked up my new Avenger Seawolf...

Picked up my new Avenger Seawolf...

wow, what a whopper of a watch! I would take pics but....I got home from AD, opened the box, read the material and then strapped it on. Only to find a jagged scratch down the side by the He valve on the case.

I take it back to the AD and they inform me it will take a 'few weeks' to have their watchmaker across the state buff out the scratch. Talk about a buzzkill.

I then ask for a replacement seeing I have only owned this piece for three hours and all but two of the hours was in transit. None in the system, but they will check with the Breitling warehouse tomorrow because it is after hours.

Funny how they got me the watch to sell it in two days over the weekend. Now they are asking me if I want them to Fedex it to the watchmaker!!??

So here I sit with a $2300 invoice and no Avenger Seawolf.

I almost could say the AD thought that I had scratched the watch. How would you have handled it? No, I didn't scratch the watch it was presented to me that way.

I should have spent more time studying it at the AD before leaving, but you'd think when a reputable AD gives you your precision timepiece it is as perfect as man can make.

Re: Picked up my new Avenger Seawolf...

How deep is the scratch? If it's just a light surface scratch, you could easily remove it yourself with some green scotchbrite pad.

My seawolf was quite beat up and scratched I bought it used.....after 30 mins with the scotchbrite pad, it looks brand new.

I know it's not the nicest solution for a brand new watch....but I would rather do it on my own than have some grumpy watchmaker do it and perhaps not do it properly.

Pacman

Sorry to hear about that.

There is nothing more disheartening than getting something you've been eagerly anticipating to find it's defective. Worst feeling possible.
    All I can say is keep your chin up and get excited again, because when you get this all sorted out, you'll have the AS that you always wanted and it'll bring you years of happiness, guaranteed.

Best wishes,

Verner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i think they should get you a new watch! if they gave you a damaged unit, they should be decent enough to replace it. maybe next time you should inspect the watch before leaving the AD; happened to me before with a different brand, i noticed a dark speck on the luminous marker inside the dial at 12 o clock. as i had just paid, had to go back the following day for a new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Pacman View Post
    How deep is the scratch? If it's just a light surface scratch, you could easily remove it yourself with some green scotchbrite pad.

My seawolf was quite beat up and scratched I bought it used.....after 30 mins with the scotchbrite pad, it looks brand new.

I know it's not the nicest solution for a brand new watch....but I would rather do it on my own than have some grumpy watchmaker do it and perhaps not do it properly.

Pacman
    Scotchbrite pad? The same you find in hardware stores? Is it a certain grit? Can you do this with all brushed titanium cases?

Thanks for the feedback. I will await a message from the AD as to the most expediated reparation they can provide: new unit or polishing by their watchmaker.

The scratch is not that bad, nothing more than what I would expect from wearing it as a tool diver, but I want the luxury of implementing the first scratch. The problem I have with brushed Ti or stainless is that you can't really polish it out easily, other than the scotchbrite suggestion. The Cape Cod cloth is great for all polished stainless, but useless on Ti and brushed surfaces.

Your talking about a new watch from an AD delivered with a scratch right? Don't touch that puppy with anything, make the AD replace the watch, you will have plenty of time to take scratches of your own making out of the Ti without having to start cleaning up someone else's mistake. Otto Frei has a pad that is specifically for Ti Omega watches, although Scotchbrite is a wonder product for stainless steel I have my doubts about using it on Ti.

Thanks Callaway, I just ordered from Otto Frei the Ti pad and polishing cloth. Appreciate the the heads-up. I have instructed my AD to order a replacement unit, they say it may take longer than having the watchmaker buff out the irregularity. I may have them throw in a blue rubber strap au gratis if I decide to keep the original unit.

Thread Information