Question about stems/crowns

Thread: Question about stems/crowns

Unhappy Question about stems/crowns

Hello all. Just joined this forum so thank you for your replies to what might be a silly question but important to me nonetheless.
    ‘I bought a new Navitimer B01 a week ago. 46mm in Aurora blue.

‘’I went to set the time yesterday for the first time and am used to other watches I have where the crown pulls out to 3 positions. Not realizing that the Navi only has 2 positions, once I got to the 2nd setting which is to set the time, I pulled a bit more, with the nail of my index finger to what I thought would be position #3.
    In your opinions and being more knowledgeable that me, did I do any damage to my watch? I did not yank it or pull with 2 fingers but with my nail, gave it a firm pull.
    Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is appreciated.
    Last edited by Gregg1966; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:25.

Re: Question about stems/crowns

I have experience with this one, Gregg. I bought a new to me Super Avenger, and while winding it up, the crown fell off. I was being very very gentle (I thought anyway), but it still broke. Apparently common for older Avengers but new Breitlings are supposedly updated and tougher.

Is it working? Can you gently push it back into place?

Being new there should be no more damage and a new crown costs less than $100 (depending if nothing else was damaged).

Good luck with it!
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling Colt Skyracer
    U-Boat Classico 7121 Edelstahl Automatik 53mm
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer (wifey)
    G-Shock Mudmaster
    Casio Edifice

If the crown and stem are both still in position and it works correctly then you should be O.K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi-
    The crown does go back to its original poison and I can still wind the watch and set the date and time. I pulled the crown out using the fingernail of my middle finger but after the 2nd position where you set the time, for whatever dumb reason I thought there was one more position to go so I applied firm pressure with my fingernail to pull a little.
    So you think all is okay?

Sounds OK to me, but for your own peace of mind why not take back to your dealer for him to check it out.
    Cheers,
    Macey.

I would except I live in the United States and purchased the Navitimer from the Breitling Boutique in Sydney Australia. I guess I can find a good watchmaker near where I live. Are the stems fairly strong on the Navitimers? I mean I would guess that stems should be able to handle a slight extra bit of pulling that was not like a yank or overly excessive?

I highly highly highly doubt you did any damage. If it isn't acting strange and the crown winds and works properly then stop worrying and enjoy the watch!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg1966 View Post
    I would except I live in the United States and purchased the Navitimer from the Breitling Boutique in Sydney Australia. I guess I can find a good watchmaker near where I live. Are the stems fairly strong on the Navitimers? I mean I would guess that stems should be able to handle a slight extra bit of pulling that was not like a yank or overly excessive?
    I have a suggestion for you. I live in Sydney, send it to me and I will take it back to the boutique IF, and only IF they can fix it I will return to you........ Otherwise I will have to keep it.

Just joking.

Warranty for them is worldwide so any Breitling store can assist you. Find your closest one and an American store can help.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling Colt Skyracer
    U-Boat Classico 7121 Edelstahl Automatik 53mm
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer (wifey)
    G-Shock Mudmaster
    Casio Edifice

It should be okay, the stems on the B01 are quite beefy and the crowns on the Navitimers don't have the spring action like many screw down models do. I wouldn't worry about it, but you could always bring it to an authorized service centre and have the water resistance tested just to for peace of mind.