question for b1 owners

Thread: question for b1 owners

question for b1 owners

Does the resonance chamber on the b1 make much of a difference (compared to other brands) in the volume of the alarm or is it more simply for marketing purposes?

Thanks

Husker

Re: question for b1 owners

Quote Originally Posted by husker
    Does the resonance chamber on the b1 make much of a difference (compared to other brands) in the volume of the alarm or is it more simply for marketing purposes?

Thanks

Husker
    It's the loudest alarm on any watch that I've heard, and I put that down to the acoustic resonance chamber at the back. That's the only information Breitling supplies about the alarm so I've not doubted it. However, I'm not an engineer and couldn't say whether it was just a gimmick.

I *think* (but am not entirely sure at time of writing) that the Omega x-33, which has an even louder alarm by all accounts, also has such a resonance chamber, but you might want to check if this is an issue.

Sunnie

Quote Originally Posted by husker

Thanks

Husker

Hello Husker,

a resonance chamber does make a difference.

A direct comparison for the B1 is not available as case dimensions never changed, but when Breitling introduced the Aerospace Avantage last year they increased the volume of the case for precisely this purpose.

Thanks to the larger volume of the resonance chamber the alarm is now noticeably louder, which addresses one of the few complaints that Aerospace owners had with this versatile model.

I hope this answers your question,
    Last edited by Kurt Koerfgen; April 5th, 2006 at 05:08. Reason: typo

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes definately does make a difference. It enables the watch to be made waterproof but still have a very loud alarm sound emission. Interestingly enough this is not a new or Breitling concept. In the early 80s when digital watches were all the rage I had a high end Citizen that had the same concept. That and the B-1 are the only two watches I could ever rely on to wake me up in the morning as I am a heavy sleeper. Also the B-1 has a convex back shape that stops the alarm sound being smothered by you wrist. Overall a great piece of engineering as opposed to just marketing.

Lou

Well,

When i was thinking about the B1 or the Emergency, i was told by our very own Davey, that the B1's alarm is a lot louder and therefore was Daves own recommendation over his beloved yella fella, due to that one thing i went with the B1 and i must admit theres only two things that are louder at 5 in the morning.

My 30, and 18 month old girls.. O|
    Cheers then

Lou

Current Breitlings.

Super Avenger White
    Avenger Seawolf White SS
    Emergency Mission MkII Black
    Hercules White
    Montbrillant Legende 18k Two Tone White

Previous: Colt Auto, B2, Ti Seawolf, Chronomatic, Chronmatic 24hr ltd, B1+Utc, Skyracer, Skyland, SOH, Super Avenger Blk Dial, Emergency+Utc

Semper Fidelis

Thanks all for the replies

Husker

Thread Information