Thoughts on the new SOH 38 and 46

Thread: Thoughts on the new SOH 38 and 46

Thoughts on the new SOH 38 and 46

I posted this on TZ forums but got not response yet...

Hi I've been researching on the new SOH for quite sometime now and am ready to purchase it tomorrow at my AD. I've seen some previous posts about the 38mm that people are saying their AD says it's a females version of it...My AD here never said anything about it being a female version. I've also checked the website and it does not say it's a female version. Also the female lines of Breitlings so far are the Windrider cockpit lady and the starliner which comes in at 31mm for the CPL and 30mm for the SL...so to me the 38mm can be a females watch but more likely still in the men's catagory, could be unisex also. Anyways I've tried them both on and the 38mm fits me quite well because I have a small 6.25 inch wrist and it's not much difference compared to my Rolex DJ that I also have. I've noticed it has a new Breitling 37 movement..anyone have any thoughts about this new movement? Before my final decision I would still like to find out a bit more on it since I know nothing about movements and just started collecting watches earlier this year. Also I would like to compare the 46 with my evolution. Any thoughts on 46mm on a 6 to 6.5 inch wrist? Also anyone have any wristshots of the 46 on small wrists? Much help is appreciated before I make my purchase.

Thanks,
    Andy

Re: Thoughts on the new SOH 38 and 46

38 mm may be classed as the midsize
    range, suitable for (wo)men. You are
    your own best/worst critic who has the
    final say, & must sign off on your choice.
    It's irrelevent how others percieve it. If
    you're totally comfortable with smaller
    sizes or larger, then there's no right or
    wrong, but that you selected, rather
    than settled for something on your terms.
    That applies to everything we purchase. :thanks

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

I'd second what Big Chrono said. One might say form follows function, while others, fashion makes the man. On precedent you are comfortable with a watch around 38-40mm. A size range with a long history and practical application for men. If you are happy go with what is comfortable to wear.
    Last edited by SnapIT; December 20th, 2007 at 06:10.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIT View Post
    I'd second what Big Chrono said. One might say form follows function, while others, fashion makes the man. On precedent you are comfortable with a watch around 38-40mm. A size range with a long history and practical application for men. If you are happy go with what is comfortable to wear.
    in terms of omega watches, 36mm is definitely a man's (mid size) watch. they also have 42mm (full size) and 45mm. the female versions tend to be of a completely different style too. it's not just a matter of size.

Thread Information