What exactly should I walk away with?

Thread: What exactly should I walk away with?

What exactly should I walk away with?

Hi Guys
    Still pumping you all for more info. I'm off to Hong Kong in a few weeks and looking to buy my first Breitling (Navitimer). I 'm a bit windy about the whole purchasing process so need some guidance please.
    1. Anyone know/recommend any AD in HKG that I can visit?
    2. What exactly should I walk out of the shop with? ie. Guarantee, must it be stamped?
    3.Warranty cards? if any.
    4.What should I look out for, pitfalls etc.
    5. If i bottle out any recommends for AD in the North of England, UK?

Many thanks Guys
    Ricardo

Re: What exactly should I walk away with?

Any locals like me with reasonable bargaining skills (well haven't lived there for around 10+ years but I do still speak the language and go back often) can walk out from an AD with 25-30% off RRP easy, however 35-40% is also common nowadays because

1. there are nearly 2 ADs that carries breitling, rolex, omega, IWC and other high end watches etc on every street so competition is very high
    2. Hong Kong is a free port so therefore no import nor export tax that's why the ADs there are willing to give higher than usual discounts
    3. Breitling isn't as popular over there comparing to the US, Japan and Singapore. Honkers normally go for Rolex, IWC and Sinn (don't ask me why). Therefore an AD will be very happy if you walk in an enquire about a Breitling

but bear in mind that they would probably be reluntant to give you that big a discount since you're a tourist .they try their very best to rip tourist off. so if I were you I would try not to look like a tourist at all because they are heaps of expats overthere and I don't think they would be able to tell whether you're one or not. So don't walk in with a map or camera in your hand =)

Be firm and if they're not willing to give you what you want just tell them you'll go next door and walk out . Chances are they will immediately offer you different deals or discounts. (Normal bargaining skills of course)

and yes don't forget to get the AD stamp on your warranty card

I have yet to purchase a Breitling from honker but I will try to find out which AD's the best and would most probably offer the best deals

Do go to the ones in Central (HK island) and Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon)... there are heaps located over in those 2 districts and are usually the most reputable there's around 8 ADs alone located on Nathan Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. so you'll have a lot of choices

and by searching on breitling's website there's a total of 22 registered AD in HongKong. That's heaps consider how small HKG is..Brisbane only has 2 ADs here grrr

Carrie
    Last edited by ckhy; October 28th, 2006 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ckhy
    Any locals like me with reasonable bargaining skills (well haven't lived there for around 10+ years but I do still speak the language and go back often) can walk out from an AD with 25-30% off RRP easy, however 35-40% is also common nowadays because

1. there are nearly 2 ADs that carries breitling, rolex, omega, IWC and other high end watches etc on every street so competition is very high
    2. Hong Kong is a free port so therefore no import nor export tax that's why the ADs there are willing to give higher than usual discounts
    3. Breitling isn't as popular over there comparing to the US, Japan and Singapore. Honkers normally go for Rolex, IWC and Sinn (don't ask me why). Therefore an AD will be very happy if you walk in an enquire about a Breitling

but bear in mind that they would probably be reluntant to give you that big a discount since you're a tourist .they try their very best to rip tourist off. so if I were you I would try not to look like a tourist at all because they are heaps of expats overthere and I don't think they would be able to tell whether you're one or not. So don't walk in with a map or camera in your hand =)

Be firm and if they're not willing to give you what you want just tell them you'll go next door and walk out . Chances are they will immediately offer you different deals or discounts. (Normal bargaining skills of course)

and yes don't forget to get the AD stamp on your warranty card

I have yet to purchase a Breitling from honker but I will try to find out which AD's the best and would most probably offer the best deals

Do go to the ones in Central (HK island) and Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon)... there are heaps located over in those 2 districts and are usually the most reputable there's around 8 ADs alone located on Nathan Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. so you'll have a lot of choices

and by searching on breitling's website there's a total of 22 registered AD in HongKong. That's heaps consider how small HKG is..Brisbane only has 2 ADs here grrr

Carrie

Should we all go to HK to buy our watches ?

As for you Ricardo ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo
    ... I wouldn't pass on this chance to get a Breitling with that kind of discount ( I was happy to get 15% at a dealer in Austria)
    Last edited by botudi; October 28th, 2006 at 16:56.
    Panograph, Senator Karrée Ö.E., Aerospace 79362 ltd. & 79363, B.f.B. GT

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Guys
    Still pumping you all for more info. I'm off to Hong Kong in a few weeks and looking to buy my first Breitling (Navitimer). I 'm a bit windy about the whole purchasing process so need some guidance please.
    1. Anyone know/recommend any AD in HKG that I can visit?
    2. What exactly should I walk out of the shop with? ie. Guarantee, must it be stamped?
    3.Warranty cards? if any.
    4.What should I look out for, pitfalls etc.

Many thanks Guys
    Ricardo
    1. you could take a look at the breitling website to look at the ad's.
    2. The MOST important thing you should walk out of the shop with is a new Breitling for me.
    3. Yes, I will absolutely need a warranty card stamped by the AD.
    4. you should look out for me and get me the breitling...any breitling.
    6. isn't north of england called Scotland? in which case, get me a case of royal loch and be off with you.

Hi Guys & gal

Many thanks for the replies. Very interesting what you said carrie, may be you could PM me if you can get more info on AD's.

As for googoo, Scotland is just a barren waistland, with nothing but quality golf courses, quality whisky and amazing scenary. A part from that its crap , but I still visit at least once a year just to make sure!!

Thanks again, hopefully I will have the b***s to take botudi's advice and get myself a shiny new Breitling.

Cheers.

rik

Hey Ricardo (cool name BTW!),

You forgot to mention Chocolate Chip Shortbread!

Apart from a huge smile on my face, here's what I walked out of the shop with
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by rik; October 29th, 2006 at 01:59.

Very nice Rik

No worries Richardo i'll try and find out for you because I wanna know too as I'm going back to honkers for Christmas .. might buy myself a christmas present

Hi All

Thanks for the great pics Rik, (you lucky man) at least I now have an idea of what I should be getting from the dealer. Just a bit worried about customs! By the way, Devons not bad either.

Thanks Carrie that would be appreciated.

Ricardo

Thanks again, hopefully I will have the b***s to take botudi's advice and get myself a shiny new Breitling.
    Call me Tudor ---that's my name and gl in your quest
    Panograph, Senator Karrée Ö.E., Aerospace 79362 ltd. & 79363, B.f.B. GT

Market Cross in Middlesbrough is where i bought my GT, and Berrys in Leeds, is where my uncle bought his chrono evo.

Thread Information