Why I hate dropping the wings on the new Breitling logo. - Page 2
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Why I hate dropping the wings on the new Breitling logo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Why I hate dropping the wings on the new Breitling logo.

I love the old logo as a logo more than the new one; But I like the new logo on the watch more, its cleaner, implementing the new Breitling design language.
    In order I have obtained
    > Seiko - Chronograph SNA013P The Great Blue l Chopard - Mille Miglia GTXL Rosso Corsa l Tudor - Heritage Chrono Blue Monte Carlo
    Seiko 5 - SNXF01K1 Silver Fox l Seiko 5 - SNKP21J1 Middle East Edition l Longines -Heritage 180th Anniversary Chrono
    Omega - Speedmaster Pro Project Alaska l G-Shock - G-9000MX-8 Mudman l Seiko - Prospex SRPB51J1 Samurai
    Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock

My Reviews: Eulit Perlon Strap / Tudor Rubber Strap - Vanguard

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Rolling eyes Re: Why I hate dropping the wings on the new Breitling logo.

An endangered species which IMO should have been saved by the brand's new age conservation effort...

(photo credit Gustavo Delgado)

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

I agree. My favorite aspect of my Superocean 44 Special dial is the logo. The B logo on the Heritage models is so boring!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The wing-less B doesn't offend me as a design in and of itself, it's the obvious change of company direction that it represents which chaps my hide.
    O2AFAC67 and Burgs like this.

COZ

Quote Originally Posted by helderberg View Post
    The addition of the Wings is a fairly recent For me I think the B is a clean look but I would have left the wings on the Nav line and used the B for the 8 series as that is also a throwback to an original design as well.
    Frank.
    I would agree with this idea.

Kearn puts me in mind of the more clueless and unimaginative administrators I've had in my career. They really didn't have the slightest idea of what they were doing or how to go about implementing meaningful and productive changes, so they'd just make silly and pointless changes hoping to give the impression that they would be perceived as competent. Perhaps even slightly above average.,

In this instance all that Kearn has accomplishes is to annoy his bedrock customers in the hopes that those unfamiliar with the brand will now be unable to resist the compunction to rush out and buy thousands of Breitings because of his unparalleled genius at replacing the traditional and established logo with a capital B.
    I'm sure that within the old Breitling management there is now much wailing and gnashing their teeth - them thinking (or not), "If I had only though of the capitol B logo, Breitling would have been the top watch producer in the world!

"The Squad" marketing ploy is equally silly. The tired old "Jump On The Bang Wagon" ploy isn't going to do it for Breitling, especially if it is seen by its existing core purchasers as a repudiation of them and their values.

Regardless of legal name, official title, or gender, such managers invariably received the same code name from those doomed to serve below the high exalted one: "The Putz."
    At times there might even be a "The Big Putz" and a deputy "The Little Putz", but Putz expresses more than any english word could ever do.
    Last edited by Burgs; April 16th, 2018 at 23:04.
    Cordially,
    ~Burgs

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong."
    ~ Inspector O

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    As an industrial engineer did you notice the logo also had an anchor?

"B" logo is at least 70 years old.
    Maybe I didn't express my point well enough. 70 years ago, brand image and marketing were not as strong and necessary as it is nowadays. Maybe back then this scenario was absolutely okay:
    "hey, you can draw and I own a watch shop. Please come up with a logo that represents my brand well". The answer: "sure, your name starts with a b, so why don't we use a capital B as a logo?"
    Hahahaha, this thing will never fly in our world today!!!! It's exactly like Breitling left our time and went back 70 years.
    Burgs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by countingseconds View Post
    Hahahaha, this thing will never fly in our world today!!!! It's exactly like Breitling left our time and went back 70 years.
    Do you mean using a single initial won’t fly in our world today? Apart from a whole bunch of the big players in luxury goods business??
    Rolex|Cartier|Breitling|Bell & Ross|Tag Heuer|Erroyl|Tissot|Certina|Fitbit plus a Timex

Quote Originally Posted by trueblueswiss View Post
    Do you mean using a single initial won’t fly in our world today? Apart from a whole bunch of the big players in luxury goods business??
    No, I meant it as a designer, in my design world. I can't imagine marketing coming to me with a logo request and I give them: "hey, your name starts with a b, so let's have a B as a logo!" They'd kick my butt for lack of effort.
    Burgs likes this.

I feel that the new b logo should be used on Breitlings dressier lines while retaining the wing logo for their tool lines of watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast