Advice needed for Tube screw for Anonimo Sailor Diver

Thread: Advice needed for Tube screw for Anonimo Sailor Diver

Advice needed for Tube screw for Anonimo Sailor Diver

Hi,

Seeking advice on changing the screw type.

I would like to change my tube screw (torx scew) to a more common screw type.
    Do you know where i can get it?

I did surf on ebay and came across a 22mm (specifically for Panarei) - eBay.com.my: 22mm SCREWS & TUBES FOR A 40mm PANERAI WATCH (item 390006066010 end time Mar 25, 2011 02:46:12 MYT)

can this work?

Or would anyone know where i can get one that fits.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Advice needed for Tube screw for Anonimo Sailor Diver

I wanted to do the same thing, and bought something similar (PANERAI 22mm SCREW & TUBE ALTERNATIVE, PREVENTS DAMAGE - eBay (item 390042672369 end time Mar-28-11 07:26:12 PDT)). They didn't work. Pam uses a one-side-only threaded screw (and one lug is threaded), and the other not--essentially a long thin screw. The screws you show would not work for the Nimo, which has no "receptor" threads on either lug. The ones I got, above, had the "screw head" (fake, as it was a push pin) side too thick to fit into the Nimo lug hole. There will be nothing to screw your version into, as your version requires a female receptor side, so they will will not work either, though the fatter inner tubes may fit the existing Nimo screw set. Some Nimo owners have simply purchased fat push pins and used these successfully. I have found the original screws are actually great, once you work out a system to remove them and put them on easily, which I have. (Basically you need to make some sort of rig to hold the watch stationary, and to use the correct size screwdrivers on either side--one side in a fixed position, if you can manage it--like in Nelson's Nimo production video--though I just use one hand firm, the other to twist). Maybe others have found some useful alternatives? Good luck.
    Less is More...

Timefleas,
    thanks for the advice.
    darn... i just broke one of the screw :(. I push my luck a little too far tightening it, and i broke one scew.
    Now, do you know where i can get a replacement screw and tube?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The only place you can get them is from an AD, and they are not cheap, unfortunately...I think Anonimo should include an extra set with every watch (the tiny screw side is pretty easy to lose), as well as a screwdriver set--would add a few bucks to the price, but would be negligible in the long run. Good luck.
    Less is More...

(Basically you need to make some sort of rig to hold the watch stationary, and to use the correct size screwdrivers on either side--one side in a fixed position, if you can manage it--like in Nelson's Nimo production video--though I just use one hand firm, the other to twist). Maybe others have found some useful alternatives? Good luck.
    This is how I do it. Screws are initially set tight, however, so it's best if you have a screw driver which you can grip well to loosen the screw. I actually prefer it this way since I find push pins to be quite cumbersome especially when you're working with thick straps like the Kodiak.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Thread Information