Anonimo @ Basel World 2013 - live photos of new collection
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Anonimo @ Basel World 2013 - live photos of new collection

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anonimo @ Basel World 2013 - live photos of new collection

Last edited by korneevy; April 28th, 2013 at 20:13.
    Stonechild likes this.

Re: Anonimo @ Basel World 2013 - live photos of new collection

Ummm yeah.......not good, just not good. Thanks for the live pics though!
    StefB likes this.

Oeffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!! That's no surprise unfortunately....
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TimeChaser View Post
    Ummm yeah.......not good, just not good. Thanks for the live pics though!
    No worries. Somehow, out of all photos I've taken, Anonimo ones come out worst! may be their lighting or whatever...but compare to these:

Not to mention this:

and of course, not even close to this:

Quote Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
    No worries. Somehow, out of all photos I've taken, Anonimo ones come out worst! may be their lighting or whatever...but compare to these:

Thanks for the pics Korneevy

I don't think lighting can fix crap design lol
    StefB likes this.

lets just all agree there is no more anonimo this forum is over

If possible, the new in-the-flesh models look even worse than the renderings, and it isn't just a problem with lighting--will have to stick with the "Original Anonimo" and not the new "Abominated Anonimo."
    StefB and leroytwohawks like this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Korneevy - thanks a million for the pics. In the whole larger scheme of Baselworld, you managed to bring us the first set of live shots so major credit is due.

Soulless is the word that you (and another favourite blog I read) used and it is the word to sum all up succinctly.

Interesting you show the shots of the Jean Richard. I really like this watch and the direction JR are taking.

When the new Anonimo design renders were released, the renders were compared by some posters with Jean Richard in an unflattering manner. However, Jean Richard has learnt some lessons over the past two years. Though 12 months ago they released some interesting models, they appear to have scaled back to one basic model and as another blog posed, attempted to 'get it right' for both watch aficionados as well as the larger public. I believe they have succeeded with the Terrascope.

As you likely know, JR furnished most of the watch blogs with a Terrascope to try out for a few weeks. I really like the look of it - it has a perfect retro/contemporay feel to it. Without fail, all reviewed saying that the watch surpassed all expectations on every level- design, build quality, bracelet, value for money. They now appear to be building out from this base model.

Of course Jean Richard now belongs to the same group that owns Girard Perregaux which might go a long way to explaining how even after a recent few missteps, Jean Richard is now taking a very deliberate, measured approach with its future direction, whereas the new Anonimo seems clueless for now.
    Last edited by DDD3333; April 29th, 2013 at 04:24.

Thanks Korneevy.

No denying who that hour-hand was inspired by!
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

SBD

I would like to thank our friend Korneevy for going to the trouble of bringing us these "in the flesh" shots of the new Anonimo. It's really nice to get this inside scoop from a fellow watch-lover.

Sigh. I kind of feel sorry for these new owners. I see a bunch of interesting concepts here -- the Anonimo "arrow" integrated into the hour and second hands, the relief details, the raised numerals -- but they are assembled and executed in such a haphazard manner that the result is just a mess.

There is no holistic vision in these pieces. They're just a collection of design features thrown in together. I honestly think they look like the work of an inexperienced design student. So many odd choices, weird proportions, rough and unpolished...a bunch of separate elements that add up to say what?

I look at these and it strikes me that someone(s) made a list features but lost sight of the main goal. It's sad, because I think there was some thought and effort behind this. But unfortunately, there was at least as much a lack of skill as well.

Before I move on, I'd like to take one last parting short at the horrid DLC version I see up there. Given the movement towards ceramic and composite pieces by the competition, DLC really screams "low-end" now more than ever. Oh well, movin' on.
    StefB likes this.
    'I flip my watches and I cannot lie, so many choices and I can't decide.' -- Sir WIS-a-lot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information