Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Thread: Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help. Does anyone know if there is a way to zero the big second chronograph hand on a MK II Cronoscopio? Mine zeros a couple of clicks off center. Thanks

Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian artadi View Post
    Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help. Does anyone know if there is a way to zero the big second chronograph hand on a MK II Cronoscopio? Mine zeros a couple of clicks off center. Thanks
    You'll need to have a watchmaker take the watch apart, get the movement out, remove the seconds hand, reattach the seconds hand to fix up the misalignment and put the watch back together. Normally they would advise to replace the hand as it is likely to be "slipping"... since it is a friction-fitted meaning that over time, the hands tube will get larger with use, so a replacement part will need to be sourced to ensure the same issue won't happen in the future.

Re: Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Quote Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
    You'll need to have a watchmaker take the watch apart, get the movement out, remove the seconds hand, reattach the seconds hand to fix up the misalignment and put the watch back together. Normally they would advise to replace the hand as it is likely to be "slipping"... since it is a friction-fitted meaning that over time, the hands tube will get larger with use, so a replacement part will need to be sourced to ensure the same issue won't happen in the future.
    Thank you for this!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Update: I went to the watchmaker, good news is he didn't have to remove the movement. He just unscrewed the crystal, made the adjustment to the hand from the top and put it right back. The bad news is Korneevy is 100% correct, looks like the hand is loose, chances are this will happen again if not replaced.

Anonimo Cronoscopio MKII

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian artadi View Post
    Update: I went to the watchmaker, good news is he didn't have to remove the movement. He just unscrewed the crystal, made the adjustment to the hand from the top and put it right back. The bad news is Korneevy is 100% correct, looks like the hand is loose, chances are this will happen again if not replaced.
    Well i guess it's good news. From my limited experience (I only had one Chronoscropio which lasted 2 years, then got sold), Anonimo's quality of hands is, shall we say, pretty average. I had to adjust hands twice on my piece, and the second time around, my watchmaker said that was the last time he did it as the hands were [email protected]p quality and he would insist on changing all of them or else no warranty. A decent watchmaker can easily reuse original hands on a Rolex or IWC multiple times whist with Anonimo the steel was too soft so every time you pressure fit it, the tube gets enlarged and the hand starts slipping again much sooner....Needless to say, back 5 years ago there was no way to get a spare OEM set (there may be a way to get them now?) so I swiftly sold it, but informed the buyer of the potential issue... since the prices had fallen so much, he was pretty happy with what he got as he saw it as a bargain.
    Last edited by korneevy; September 22nd, 2017 at 16:01.

Thread Information