WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anonimo Nautilo Bronze

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  kingblackbolt 
#1 ·
I was taking more pictures today of my Bronze Nautilo and damn it really is a stunner. Maybe I won't sell it.

See less See more
#3 ·
It is salmon actually. Pics have been color corrected so its accurate. Surprisingly the salmon color works well for the piece.

And yeah, am selling it. Have had the sales thread up in the sales corner for about a week now with some nibbles. Having second thoughts now :D

#5 ·
Just picked up mine and it's not going anywhere anytime soon :) I'd keep it if I were you as I'm sure you'll be having sellers remorse ;)
Starting to have that very thought!

#6 ·
Very nice pictures. As some know, I owned one of these, and then sold it, with some remorse--I still think it is one of the best watches ever produced by Anonimo--however, much as I tried, I never really liked the odd strap design at the lugs (on any of the Dinos), though I can see how some might love it. The dial detail work, layering, textures, etc., is second to none. And, the case is brass, if you like brass--you can polish it so that it looks like gold if you like that style, or you can let it age gracefully, and develop a patina unique to each piece. For me, though, it was the strap that was the deal breaker--both for the odd tongue sticking out at the lugs, but also for the fact that it could not allow a bracelet--for at least some of the time--a requirement where I live, where humidity requires something other than leather for at least some of the summer months. Keep or sell, that is the question--good luck figuring it out for yourself.

Peter

#7 ·
Thanks Peter. You know you'd have loved it as well if it had gone to you and would have been happy to have passed it on.

I do agree about the lug design though, only real draw back about this model, probably why I don't like Oris watches as well. The tongue bugs me and makes getting custom interesting straps a bit of a pain. 27mm width yet with a 13mm tongue.

#8 ·
It certainly makes it unique and is a drawback for some but for my money the applied markers, inner bezel, Dino Zei logo and PRI are amazingly detailed... not to mention the guilloche pattern. This makes up for any strap hassle IMHO :) the climate in Canada allows me to wear it on leather year round as well.

#9 ·
This thread makes me miss mine quite a lot.

The DZ Nautilo with champagne dial is a winner, and the only reason I sold mine was to fund the purchase of the Pro Crono, my favourite watch. The detailing on the dial is superb, and to date I have not been more impressed by any watch while opeining the box for the first time as I was with the DZ. Pictures really do not do the dial justice.

#16 ·
Sorry for the late reply, for some reason didn't get the email update.

1) It was polished once by the previous owner before he sold it to me. Since then none and its at its natural patina. I am tossing up polishing it again and maybe doing an egg/liver of sulfur treatment to it to see what happens

2) As p_m has stated, there are "P" and "XP" designations that sometimes come out of Anonimo, and some of them can be quite interesting/weird. There was a bronze polluce with oxpro bezel that I've seen floating around maybe twice which has an XP designation. To me, I'm not too phased, but yeah, definitely makes it a little more unique, but not to the point of inflating its value. Kinda like Panerai and its OOR, just that its a pre-model rather than after release.

Now thinking of getting another pure calf black strap with gold stitching for it, tossing up between OEM or a custom strap maker.

#11 ·
His is a prototype, hence the 'P' prior to the serial number.

Anonimo seems to do this a lot, and you'll likely come across a model with a P designation at some point.

#13 ·
No probs!

There was a thread about this some time ago (last year perhaps??), and the general consensus from memory was that they were no more/less valuable than their regular production bretheren, though some would argue that point. For me personally I wouldn't be too phased either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.