Anonimo Newbie! Some Questions!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By samanator

Thread: Anonimo Newbie! Some Questions!

Anonimo Newbie! Some Questions!

Hello Anonimo Fans!
    This is a new brand for me and while I have spent some time reading on it (only 12 years old, but case manufacturing over 60, designed in Firenze, ex workers of Panerai, co-designed by Zino Dei- ex CEO of Panerai, Anonimo is Italian for Anonymous) and can see the Panerai connection.
    But I don't understand why they are so expensive? Are the movements in house? Are the movements heavily modified? Most aren't even COSC certified. What is the attractiveness of this brand? Why is everyone talking about it??

Banned

Re: Anonimo Newbie! Some Questions!

You are asking the same questions people ask about most brands out there including Panerai. So use the search function and you will find a ton of info on this forum. Goodluck.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The simple answer is "It's the cases".
    jcoat007 likes this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    The simple answer is "It's the cases".
    For me, most definitely. The cases are worth the price of admission (though admittedly I only purchase pre-owned).

Check this thread out to get a bit more fo an idea as to why we love them so much: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/what-do-you-like-most-about-your-anonimo-526698.html
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I had the same questions. Then I bought one. Now I have six. Number 7 is on order. Quality, style, uniqueness. I'll find more reasons later.

Quote Originally Posted by microrotor View Post
    I had the same questions. Then I bought one. Now I have six. Number 7 is on order. Quality, style, uniqueness. I'll find more reasons later.
    That sums it up right there Quality, style, uniqueness...
    Regards,

Richard

What's the allure? Well, for me, if you really like the Florentine style of watchmaking, Anonimo is the way to go. Panerai are basically just doing what made them popular in the 50s and 60s. They're still using the same designs based on their basic Radiomir and Luminor lines and haven't strayed from that one iota, instead focusing on movements. Anonimo, although young is making case design and manufacturing innovations that make them stand out, maybe toe to toe with Panerai.

Besides that, I like the fact that these watches are largely hand crafted in a small factory. So, chances are, every watch isn't going to be exactly the same. And that's the exact opposite for today's "It" brand, Panerai. Which is made at a huge factory many times the capacity of Anonimo. And since distribution is a lot, chances are there will be many of you walking around with the same watch. Just like how Rolex is, or rather, used to be.

And if you think Anonimo is overpriced, check out Panerai's prices. Who, by the way, were selling their watches at more than double the price of your base model Anonimo's even BEFORE producing their own movements. Luminor base, which is just a watch without a date even was selling back then at $4000-5000 new. Anonimo Sailor Diver is less than 2k plus date. I don't even know why Panerai is still putting Firenze on their casebacks.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Thanks guys! Any inputs on the movements? Are these basic 7750 or ETA movements? Or modified?
    I agree cases look nice.

Thread Information