Anonimo SA is Repairing Historic Watches
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By watchknut

Thread: Anonimo SA is Repairing Historic Watches

Anonimo SA is Repairing Historic Watches

Buried in another thread, I saw the announcement from the CEO of Anonimo SA about servicing historic pieces, and decided to look into the announcement.

With both of my Nimos on the chopping block, I reached out to Stoll, Mike Margolis, and Anonimo SA, to inquire about service before regretting selling the watches I love for FOP (fear of parts).

I wanted to share with everyone my very positive and encouraging experience with Anonimo SA. Before you sell your awesome and funky ode to everything that is Italian, I suggest your reach out to Anonimo SA to inquire about service...you will be pleasantly surprised.

Mike put me in touch Melanie in service, and she let me know that parts for my watch, a Professionale 6000 CNS model, were not available. My biggest concern is the crown and case screws, as those are parts cannot be sources anywhere on earth. Melanie let me know that a new crown can be machined for around $150-200. The cost for a basic COA and factory polish (with no case parts of course), is very reasonable, and right in line for what you would expect for a watch of historical Anonimo quality.

I learned all of this in less than 24hrs...try and get that response from any other watch company. If they can make parts for my Professionale at reasonable prices, then other parts should not be an issue either.

While I have not sent a watch for repair and cannot speak to their service, I can speak to their customer support, responsiveness, and willingness to keep historic owners of the brand happy.

This is great news for all owners out there, and I am glad to see that Anonimo SA realizes that the best way to bolster their brand is to raise the historic brand out of the gutter. The historic watches were awesome in every facet, but it was the customer service and then lack of parts that eroded the value on the secondary market.

Time will tell, but I am enthusiastic about the future.
    Last edited by watchknut; October 20th, 2015 at 16:43.
    John Price, StefB and Rich Plane like this.

Re: Anonimo SA is Repairing Historic Watches

Thanks for posting.

Definitely good news. Thanks for posting. My watch is not in need for service. Curious to see the first actual experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

csm

thnks for posting. those are very good news for sure! as a owner of a militare chrono i'm much more relaxed with the new!

regards

starting to wish i had kept mine.

Looking to see if any nimos are available.....

The whole repair scenario still seems like a car running on fumes and hopes rather than a full tank of gas. Stoll has ALWAYS been happy to service just about ANY watch, including Anonimo (Stoll, was after all, one of the designated Anonimo repair centers back in the day when the "historic" Anonimo was still in operation). Stoll, and many other repair facilities regularly provide machining-new-parts services, where yes, a crown could probably be produced in the neighborhood of $150 to $200. This is NOT the same thing as having readily available already machined parts to service existing watches, as was promised, or at least implied, in a recent letter from a representative of the new ownership, but quickly debunked over the simplest of problems--that of trying to find replacement lug screws, which were nowhere to be had at "new" Anonimo.

Please don't get me wrong--I love (and have owned) many of the original Anonimo designs, and I am sure most of them will never need service that require new parts, and thus this whole service thing may be a non-issue for many/most--BUT, I see little actual concrete evidence that much has changed in the area of regular, competent and quick servicing of a watch that DOES need a new part--thus, I don't quite get the enthusiasm. Time will tell of course, but I think there is some premature optimism here. Already there is a handful of new ownership Nimos being unloaded on the bay, and used historic Pros and Cronos are being offered at lower prices than I have ever seen...to me, that tank still seems pretty empty.
    Last edited by timefleas; November 12th, 2015 at 10:21.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    The whole repair scenario still seems like a car running on fumes and hopes rather than a full tank of gas. Stoll has ALWAYS been happy to service just about ANY watch, including Anonimo (Stoll, was after all, one of the designated Anonimo repair centers back in the day when the "historic" Anonimo was still in operation). Stoll, and many other repair facilities regularly provide machining-new-parts services, where yes, a crown could probably be produced in the neighborhood of $150 to $200. This is NOT the same thing as having readily available already machined parts to service existing watches, as was promised, or at least implied, in a recent letter from a representative of the new ownership, but quickly debunked over the simplest of problems--that of trying to find replacement lug screws, which were nowhere to be had at "new" Anonimo.

Please don't get me wrong--I love (and have owned) many of the original Anonimo designs, and I am sure most of them will never need service that require new parts, and thus this whole service thing may be a non-issue for many/most--BUT, I see little actual concrete evidence that much has changed in the area of regular, competent and quick servicing of a watch that DOES need a new part--thus, I don't quite get the enthusiasm. Time will tell of course, but I think there is some premature optimism here. Already there is a handful of new ownership Nimos being unloaded on the bay, and used historic Pros and Cronos are being offered at lower prices than I have ever seen...to me, that tank still seems pretty empty.
    From my perspective, at least their looks to be some sort of effort to assist moving forward. I understand not having parts available is less than ideal, but if Anonimo SA is going to obtain some parts with the possibility to machine some new versions in the future then that is reason enough for me to be happier than I was a few months ago.

I'm not thinking it's time to breathe a massive sigh of relief and go forth and pay top dollar for historic 'nimos, but for me if I can obtain them at a good price then I'm more willing to take the risk knowing full well that if something does fail then it's a very real possibility that repair cannot be done economically. Would I buy a manual wind Militare? Nope. Much too high a chance of something going wrong due to the crown system. Am I happy to get something less complex at the right price and wear it accordingly? Yep.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

In the process of sending my Sailor Diver to Melanie.
    Watch will wind for 3-4 full rotations, and then just 'free wheels' with no tension.

I'll keep the forum updated and let you know of the service from Anonimo SA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Dhillon; November 19th, 2015 at 02:57.

Thread Information